Wheel Noise???

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
So I put new Pilot GT 4's on the steed shortly after getting the bike out storage. Took the wheels of myself. Thanks Mellow. Had dealer mount tires. said bearings fine. They seem fine to me. Still a newbie to "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". Hearing excessive noise, especially front. Now I have read that Pilot's are little noisy especially the front. Any comments on these tires on the ST? Hear noise backing bike out the garage in the morning and backing into my space at work after traveling 25 miles. Some say it is the rotor rubbing. Get some rubbing sounds on front when up on the stand. Am I being paranoid or should I just turn up the tunes on my bluetooth? :confused:

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I've been using PR4 GTs for a couple years and never noticed any peculiar noise. If you're hearing noise while backing up, it isn't the tires, something else is going on. If you put it on the center stand and rotate the rear, or the front do you hear the noise?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Noise backing up is usually a sign of rear brakes dragging, or smc failure starting.
PM me a contact number and I will call you and try to assist.

Top Bottom