Fuel Gauge Question

STOC #
Have a look at this article on how to interpret the ST1300 fuel gauge.
I'm a little confused by this. It says one flashing bar and Estimated remaining range means 1.32 gal left. Next section says one flashing bar and ERR showing means .5 gal left. Does this mean display will automatically change to ERR when it's estimating .5 gal left? I normally don't have anything displayed in window where fuel avg and such would be shown.
Please fill me in if you understand how this works. I don't often run too many miles past one blinking bar, but would be good to understand if i get in a pinch.
Thx.
Marty

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I'm a little confused by this. It says one flashing bar and Estimated remaining range means 1.32 gal left. Next section says one flashing bar and ERR showing means .5 gal left. Does this mean display will automatically change to ERR when it's estimating .5 gal left?
You missed the important part, ERR being shown as "--.-", which means there's so little fuel in the tank that the ECM can no longer estimate how much range you have left.

I normally don't have anything displayed in window where fuel avg and such would be shown.
The FCD button on the dash rotates the display between nothing, instantaneous mileage and average mileage. You're probably on the "nothing" setting. When you're down to one blinking bar, you also get the option of showing remaining range and remaining fuel (both estimated).

I don't often run too many miles past one blinking bar...
That's good policy.

--Mark

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
mhscriven said:
I don't often run too many miles past one blinking bar,
A GREAT policy! I got to the blinking bar ONCE but noticed it causes the bike's seat vinyl to distort and doesn't return to normal until I ride into a gas station– any gas station. On occasion I've noticed the seat distortion at two bars so now refuel at three bars minimum.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
A GREAT policy! I got to the blinking bar ONCE but noticed it causes the bike's seat vinyl to distort and doesn't return to normal until I ride into a gas station? any gas station. On occasion I've noticed the seat distortion at two bars so now refuel at three bars minimum.
Is that seat distortion.......or is something puckering ? :D

ToddC

Top Bottom