Honda quartet harness plugs

Hi

I have a 2004 ABS ST1300 with a quartet harness. I am looking to install w few accessories mainly a cigarette/USB power socket and a GPS. Where can I find the male plugs that can be plugged straight into the harness? Does anyone know what's the names of these plugs or have a link to the suppliers?

Having a plug-and-play is much better than having to splice cables/jury-rig some contacts.

TIA for any advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I've purchased those exact parts (Hitachi connectors) in the past from a vendor called "Electrical Connection' in Knoxville, TN. I visited this company in person - they have an amazing range of motorcycle electrical stuff. A pleasant company to deal with. Below is a link to the connectors you are seeking.

http://electricalconnection.com/?s=hitachi

OP
OP
Thanks everyone for the replies. This narrows it down for me in looking for suitable connectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
ST1300A4
Bike
2010 ST1300
Easternbeaver certainly has the right pieces, but the shipping will kill you. I emailed the owner and he openly said he was not interested in small orders - it takes him just as much time to package a small order as a big one, hence the outrageous (my word) shipping charges for a small order. If you are buying $100 worth of parts from him, the shipping begins to become worth it. Their stuff is first rate.

OP
OP
Since you're in the UK, you might find these more convenient.
SG Motorsport.

They are cheaper than other on line places that I have found. Buy spare male and female blades and get one of the proper crimp tools at the same time. They are worth their weight in gold.
Thanks!

I will order some connectors from the,. Even if I only need one or two now no doubt I will need more power sources in future and it would be a waste not to use it [emoji3]

Im not sure if you have done this yet but here is some advice for you and anyone considering it.
Consider all the things you want to add later now. The reason i say that is you only have four plugs so if need be you may wish to double up on some of the plugs on low drain items. it is also possible i believe to wire 2 styles in one plug so connect the 2 negative leads to ground and then one to switched one to acc. The reason i say this is their are alot of devices you may want and tearing the bike down again to rewire is a pain.
popular devices and switch styles i would use
heated grips (switched)
sj4000 camera with motorcycle case giving you a dash cam (switched)
12v socket (acc)
aux lights (switched)
sat nav (switched)
I would only use the socket on switched nothing else because its low pull to charge a phone

If you are thinking of putting a 12v socket on the bike make sure its the cig socket one not the fixed usb. locate it in the left pocket very near the top and put a rolled up piece of foam upright in the pocket this will give you a waterproof charging location and phone and devices will slide into the foam and not get bashed about. add a twin 2.1 or 3.1 usb adapter. the reason you use a cig socket not a fixed usb is then you can use regular car acc like work light etc or air compressor if needed.
i would buy all clear or white connectors so you can write item on one side and S and A on the other showing which pin is acc which is switched in case you want to swap pins around later.

JZH

International Bodger
Easternbeaver certainly has the right pieces, but the shipping will kill you. I emailed the owner and he openly said he was not interested in small orders - it takes him just as much time to package a small order as a big one, hence the outrageous (my word) shipping charges for a small order. If you are buying $100 worth of parts from him, the shipping begins to become worth it. Their stuff is first rate.
Agree about Jim's stuff, and his product knowledge is superior (being based in Japan probably helps), but I don't agree that his $20 minimum order is too high. The high cost of EMS shipping from Japan is what usually causes me to choose another source, but I like to buy things from him when it makes sense.

Ciao,

Bike
2010 ST1300
Agree about Jim's stuff, and his product knowledge is superior (being based in Japan probably helps), but I don't agree that his $20 minimum order is too high. The high cost of EMS shipping from Japan is what usually causes me to choose another source, but I like to buy things from him when it makes sense.

Ciao,
Don't misunderstand me. I liked his product knowledge, his service, his products and his honesty. A minimum order of $20 is not too high for me. And I recognize his shipping costs are what they are - if you want cheaper shipping the parts will come by rowboat around Cape Horn (i.e. about the time of the next blue moon). However, I choke at paying a very significant percentage of the product cost again for shipping. That is my preference/idiosyncratic nature. And I have recommended E Beaver in other posts here, with the same caveat about shipping costs.

I suggest you do what I did - buy enough extra pieces so that you have spares for future work and you won't have to go back with a small order. That way the total merchandise cost far outweighs the shipping cost.

Top Bottom