First on the ST1300

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A
Was on my way home from work yesterday. Made a left turn at a stop sign. The guy in the lane to go straight decided to turn left as well. I wanted to be in the right lane after the turn so I went over since he wasn't supposed to have gone anyway. He seemed to have got upset about it and tried to zoom around me. I let it get the best of me and sped up and kept up with him. He decided to come into my lane anyway and forced me to hit the brakes pretty hard. Then he brake checked me a couple times and made some threatening gestures. I followed him a bit and decided it wouldn't be good to follow him all the way home and went on my way. Pulled up to my house and stopped to hit the garage door opener. I think it was nerves or adrenaline but my bike slowly tipped the wrong way and I couldn't stop it. Gently laid it down on the right side on a downward slope. Fortunately I was strong enough to get it back up by myself. I ended up forgetting the kick stand was down and had some difficulty getting it into gear and moving. I eventually got it in the garage and assessed the damage. Just the plastic cover on the tip over bar got a little scraped up but nothing else seems to be messed up.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Glad that did not turn out any worse, by any possible measure.

Amazing how quick and strong road rage can hit you isn't it?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, when things like that happen, it's hard not to pursue the idiots, I found out the hard way a number of years ago, it just doesn't pay, just let the idiots go and do their thing! :mad:

Glad the tipover wasn't any worse!

Bike
2010 ST1300
I added another TO yesterday. Earlier in the day I had rolled the bike off the center stand and was able to mount without the side stand. Stopped for gas after work and tried again. I was able to slow the descent and right the bike with out to much trouble. Rrr

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Sorry to hear about the tip over, amazing how those nerves/adrenaline can beat out your good senses.... glad that the pursuit of the moron ended without real incident

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
That's all to common a story...and Supra is right in saying "let the guy go..." - but it isn't easy. I'm just glad you're ok and the damage to your bike is minimal.

Pete

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Of course, the other driver shouldn't have made a left and then he wouldn't have been there, but I was taught that when making a left onto a multiple lane road, that you're supposed to enter the left-most lane and not move to the right lane until clear.

My father actually got a ticket under similar circumstances... left turn onto divided road. He wanted to pull into the gas station on the right side very close to the corner. As he moved into the right lane almost immediately after turning, a police car made a right turn from across the road and they had a very minor fender bender. It seemed as if the cop was trying to pass on the right and didn't judge it well enough, but it was father who got the ticket.

Top Bottom