Not so happy with this mechanic

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Why do you think it's something you have to do?
Because if you write it off and walk away without saying anything, they'll go through life thinking they're doing satisfactory work. Although some dealers will write complainers off as unsatisfactory customers and nothing will change.

--Mark

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Some folks have no conscience... could not go to sleep at night if I treated someone that way! I would rather "help" someone with their issues so they can witness what was done and learn in the process. The second reason I would want the owner right there, so they know it done to their satisfaction. No second guessing about parts, etc. It eliminates any questions.... also some folks will try to blame unrelated problems on a mechanic... yeah, once you touch it, it's your fault. I've seen both sides...
Someone paid attention in class :rofl1:

Bike
2010 ST1300
Why do you think it's something you have to do?
Because if you write it off and walk away without saying anything, they'll go through life thinking they're doing satisfactory work. Although some dealers will write complainers off as unsatisfactory customers and nothing will change.

--Mark
Exactly, Mark. This happens to be a dealership with a good reputation - they have been around for years and years and not only sell Honda bikes, but their generators, snowblowers, etc. as well as BMW's. Somebody there has to care, and maybe, just maybe, a straightforward complaint will make them improve and save someone else a hassle.

While I rather doubt they will have another ST in soon for a clutch repair, if the mechanic knows he screwed up my clutch, he might not do the same to the next guy. And they do have a few used ST's on the floor for sale.

Bike
R1200rt
Differential fluid, probably needed to be done, but I didn't ask for it--$150
150 for a diff change?? that right there is highway robbery. 10 min of work and 3-4 oz. of fluid he probably still had left from the last 3 that he did. I would go over there and ask how he could justify a 150 charge for a diff change. Then show him where the drain and fill plugs are. Its easier to change the diff than engine oil.

Bike
GL1800 2015
you owe it to yourself to attend a TechSTock near you! there is more knowledge there than any dealer
and BEST of all you will learn all about the bike,and able to do a lot all by yourself!
My Dealer is up to $95 Hr. for labor! If I had to pay that...I wouldn't be able to afford to ride!

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
I've had STeph for nine months now, and she needed some attention. Brought her into an independent guy I'd met through friends. Sixteen days and $820 later, I'm pretty pissed off. The paramount issue he did take care of OK, and reasonable cost: $250 for new clutch slave cylinder, which had been losing fluid. Next on my importance list was the shock, which needed maintenance or sorting out or something--he ended up doing exactly nothing, except saying that maybe it needed to be removed and sent out for service. He also kept arguing that there couldn't be separate preload adjuster fluid separate from the main shock fluid, even tho supposedly he read up on it. Third was the left headlight, which kept going out, due to some wiring or electric issue--and that's all I know about it now even after 16 days in the shop. Then there's the stuff he did that I really didn't care about: a whole fork seal kit, which he told me on the phone was $35--"What about labor?" "It's all included, just the kit is all I need." $375--ka-ching, boat payment. Differential fluid, probably needed to be done, but I didn't ask for it--$150. The big problem was that this guy didn't communicate--he never called me, wasn't at the shop when I dropped the bike off, even tho I made an appointment with him for a specific time, and every time I called, he said he was just about finished, would call me soon. I had a different guy I was happy with, but I gave this guy a chance cuz I met him through friends--big mistake. Oh well, live & learn. Thanks for letting me vent, if you've read this far!
Dang I wished you lived closer!
I would have taken you bike hostage, repaired enough issues to make your head spin, take you out to dinner afterwards, then thank you for letting me help you.....
But that is just how we roll at OCD Enterprises.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
"he said the crankcase was overfilled, and it might have been contaminated with brake fluid which may have caused the overfilling,"...WHAT!?! There is no way for brake fluid to enter the crankcase AND totally different oil...I could go on. RUN!!!!!! Sounds like a visit with a rape victim therapy group is in order.
The service manual for my Triumph Trophy says to change the oil after replacing the slave cylinder because brake fluid can contaminate the oil. I no longer have my ST service manual, but I wonder if that is possible.

Top Bottom