Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Re: INNOVV K1 2-channel video

Quote Originally Posted by SupraSabre View Post
    Keith, Have you had anymore issues from yours?
    Yep I sure have. For a while I think it was because somehow the 64GB card had a glitch; reformatting it seemed to help. But it is inconsistent.

I've had questions about temperature range (and have found from time to time that the DVR was more than warm, though I do not check it routinely). Have had to pull the battery in order to get the thing to shut off, at least once, when it was stuck in an error loop.

For the moment at least, I'm back to the 128GB card since the 64 was not notably more reliable.

Bottom line: the whole thing takes more attention, and is less reliable, than I had hoped. Kind of a hit-or-miss deal, but (maybe) better than nothing.

On my Gettysburg weekend in April it seemed to operate exactly as it was supposed to; on the other hand, two weeks ago it had problems (recording one second segments then shutting down) until I pulled the DVR and reformatted the 128 GB card. It appears (based on file sizes) that it worked okay for the remainder of that day, but the next morning it went back to the one-second-then-shutoff mode for some period of time. After a while it settled down- about the time I left the parking lot and actually started riding- and ran about right the rest of the four hour ride home. There were a couple places where segments ended sooner than expected, but the next segment picked up right away. No idea what caused the early terminations.

I may look into relocating the DVR location, but to where? I don't want it out in plain sight or in the weather. I don't want the cables flopping around or exposed. Since I keep the DVR in the supplied pouch, and use the pouch flap to secure the cables, cables popping loose doesn't seem like it should be the problem. Maybe I need to rethink how I have that set up; rather than having the DVR oriented so that the plugs are at the flap end of the pouch perhaps flipping it so that they are at the bottom end? Got any thoughts, Bob?
    -= Keith Adams =-
    Rockville, MD, USA
    STOC # 8824 -- Embarrassingly high but it's mine

SoCal Lane Splitting Commuter SupraSabre's Avatar
    Bike
    12/10/04/04 ST 1300s
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ibike2havefun View Post
    Yep I sure have. For a while I think it was because somehow the 64GB card had a glitch; reformatting it seemed to help. But it is inconsistent.

I've had questions about temperature range (and have found from time to time that the DVR was more than warm, though I do not check it routinely). Have had to pull the battery in order to get the thing to shut off, at least once, when it was stuck in an error loop.

For the moment at least, I'm back to the 128GB card since the 64 was not notably more reliable.

Bottom line: the whole thing takes more attention, and is less reliable, than I had hoped. Kind of a hit-or-miss deal, but (maybe) better than nothing.

On my Gettysburg weekend in April it seemed to operate exactly as it was supposed to; on the other hand, two weeks ago it had problems (recording one second segments then shutting down) until I pulled the DVR and reformatted the 128 GB card. It appears (based on file sizes) that it worked okay for the remainder of that day, but the next morning it went back to the one-second-then-shutoff mode for some period of time. After a while it settled down- about the time I left the parking lot and actually started riding- and ran about right the rest of the four hour ride home. There were a couple places where segments ended sooner than expected, but the next segment picked up right away. No idea what caused the early terminations.

I may look into relocating the DVR location, but to where? I don't want it out in plain sight or in the weather. I don't want the cables flopping around or exposed. Since I keep the DVR in the supplied pouch, and use the pouch flap to secure the cables, cables popping loose doesn't seem like it should be the problem. Maybe I need to rethink how I have that set up; rather than having the DVR oriented so that the plugs are at the flap end of the pouch perhaps flipping it so that they are at the bottom end? Got any thoughts, Bob?
    Actually... I've been doing more reading and from what I'm hearing (seeing?) if the unit gets bounced around it will cause it to act weird. Like the short recording times and such. Also, if the cables are moving around (yeah, i had mine in the pouch too, but I don't think that is fool proof to keeping them stable) will cause the same issues. SO I relocated mine for this trip. I'll let you know what I come up with. I have a piece of foam under the rear of my tankbag to keep it horizontal, so I cut a bunch of it out and have it stuffed under that.

I'll let you know what happens!
    Bob - STOC 5901 -- >300K Miles on ST1300s - ZERO Tipovers
    2012 ST1300 -11,000 miles, 2010 - 60,000 miles , 2006 -Basketcase
    2004 ST1300 X2/#1 - 37,000 -needs waterpump & #2 20,000 miles
    2005 ST1300 - 174,300 miles - sold

Still above the sod
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Looking at the segment lengths from my most recent trip, about 3/4 of them (30 out of 41) ended sooner than programmed, and with a frame or two of video "noise" at the end. But I do also see from the review that I was not entirely on road surfaces suitable for super-speedway F1 or MotoGP use... So yes, maybe some manner of additional cushioning is in order.

I wonder whether orientation (lying flat vs. on its side vs. on end) affects its shock tolerance?

FWIW, I have the "G sensor" (the feature that is supposed to interrupt / preserve the latest recording in the event of a sudden impact, such as a crash) either shut off or set at the lowest sensitivity. But that might still produce the results we are seeing, at least in some cases. I also have the lane impingement warning shut off; it cried wolf at parked cars in my neighborhood.

No explanation has occurred to me for the series of 0 to 10 second segments it captured while I was just maneuvering or sitting in the hotel parking lot. Certainly not jostling or impact; I can't imagine what would have caused the cables to jiggle, either.

Keep us posted on what you find; I'll do the same.

Still above the sod
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

This just in: rearranging the camera inside the pouch, so that the cables enter from the bottom and are therefore "protected" from jiggling by the pouch body... hasn't the slightest effect. The camera is still prone to the start... immediate stop behavior, and it's definitely not because of a shock since it happened while the bike was sitting still. Grrrrrrr....

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12