Oil Change Gone Bad (Coolant Leak)

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A
So ask I was unsuccessfully trying to put the right engine cover back on, I broke a T fitting for coolant lines. I know I'll have to get some of the plastics off to get to it. Need a part number or a substitute part. And maybe some tips to getting that engine cover back on. The line on the left side snapped off.

Attachments

OP
OP
lawlknight
Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
That is NOT the correct part number he needs.
The correct part number and description is as follows: JOINT FUEL TUBE, 16961-MK7-000.
This part breaks OFTEN on the police motors, is never in stock, and is two different sizes, so you will be unable to find anything close at any auto parts stores.
Its very brittle plastic, and due to the heat, they simply crack and give up the ghost! Note: DO NOT tighten the hose clamps more than just snug, or you will break your new part!
Hope you get this response before you ordered anything.
Larry

OP
OP
lawlknight
Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A
That is NOT the correct part number he needs.
The correct part number and description is as follows: JOINT FUEL TUBE, 16961-MK7-000.
This part breaks OFTEN on the police motors, is never in stock, and is two different sizes, so you will be unable to find anything close at any auto parts stores.
Its very brittle plastic, and due to the heat, they simply crack and give up the ghost! Note: DO NOT tighten the hose clamps more than just snug, or you will break your new part!
Hope you get this response before you ordered anything.
Larry
Are you sure it's the "JOINT FUEL TUBE" if coolant came out when it broke?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
YES, this is just the strange wording that Honda uses on their parts list. Its the three way T just behind the radiator cap area.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The part number doesn't have MCS in the middle, which means it was designed for another bike. The name of the part stays the same even when it's used on another bike.

--Mark

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
You will have to order it from Honda. Since two of the pipes are different sizes, one large to small, the other, small to small, etc.
I've searched for brass, plastic, etc. to no avail.
If you go to the parts diagram, and look for yourself, the part you need is #1, the diagram can be confusing because the hoses are not placed where they are on the motorcycle, but above and in front to allow them to fit into the picture. The Joint R water fitting is the aluminum fitting that is bolted to the block that connects the water hoses from the T-stat housing, and one of the small hoses goes to the back of the engine by the oil filter.
If you PM me a contact number, I will call you in the morning and explain in more detail and talk you through the parts diagram.

Top Bottom