Manual Windscreen Bracket Modification

Bike
2003 Silver ST 1300
STOC #
Here's my version of a bracket mod.
The new brackets push the screen out away from the bike by about 1 inch.
When using the middle angled setting with the lowest height setting,there is 4 inches of space
between the bottom edge of the screen and the Honda emblem.
So there is lots or air flowing under the screen and hitting me in the chest.
There are 6 different height settings and each height has 3 different angles.
I used several pieces of cardboard then masonite before I arrived at the final template. I still had to grind some corners
here and there to get full mobility.
The main tools I used were a grinder with cutting and metal sanding wheel. Drill and drill bits. I bought a 12 x 12 x 1/8 piece of aluminum for
$5.

Todd

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Here's my version of a bracket mod. I have not tested all the settings. The new brackets push the screen out away from the bike by about 3/4 inch.
There are 6 different height settings and each height has 3 different angles. I'm in San Diego CA so I don't need to worry too much about rain.

Todd
Looks like a good idea and nicely executed. But also not so simple a bracket for the average guy to whip up in his basement.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Here's my version of a bracket mod. I have not tested all the settings. The new brackets push the screen out away from the bike by about 3/4 inch.
There are 6 different height settings and each height has 3 different angles. I'm in San Diego CA so I don't need to worry too much about rain.
I used several pieces of cardboard before I arrived at the final template. I still had to grind some corners here and there to get full mobility.
The main tools I used were a grinder with cutting and metal sanding wheel. Drill and drill bits. I bought a 12 x 12 x 1/8 piece of aluminum for
$5.

Todd
Great mod man, smart thinking.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Looks good, but how well does it work? Does it eliminate back-pressure?

Could you post a picture of one of the cardboard templates?

OP
OP
todddra
Bike
2003 Silver ST 1300
STOC #
Looks good, but how well does it work? Does it eliminate back-pressure?

Could you post a picture of one of the cardboard templates?
I made this bracket because I was almost blown off the road on the Interstate. It felt like my bike and windscreen was catching too much
air. I can't say I really know what back-pressure feels like, or what buffeting feels like. I'm a new rider, this is my first bike.
I wanted to push the screen away from the bike to allow more air flow under the screen and have the option of lowering the screen,
hoping to make the bike function less like a sail on a sail boat. I believe the bracket has accomplished this.
I will look for the template and post a pic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
todddra
Bike
2003 Silver ST 1300
STOC #
For the few manual '03s left out there.Here is a template of the bracket.
Bracket measurements.jpg

The lowest settings probably require more spacers.
I used masonite type stuff to make the test templates. The size could be trimmed down.
There is extra metal on the bracket.

Top Bottom