Another Roadsmart failure question

Hi all,
I picked up my new to me 2003 ST last week. Riding it a couple of days ago I noticed the front bouncing; today I checked the roundness of the tire and see there is a bulge in the tire 3/16" in height by about 10 inches long. After reading about all of the failures on these tires I checked my tire's date and it's the 36th week of 08, right in the time frame. I read there was a recall where they would replace the tire and give $60.00 for mounting and balancing am I still eligible or are my tires too old? What do you guys think? Thanks for your input

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I doubt they are going to warranty that tire as old as it is. I would consider myself lucky it didn't come apart and I crashed my bike. I run PR4 GT's on mine.

Bike
07 ST1300
Wasnt too late last year. Shouldnt be too late now. The problem is they give you a new roadsmart.
I did the mounting myself but if you were to get 60 bucks for mounting I would keep the money and ditch the tire. I am using it but not in love with it.
copied from my post last year below.

Call Dave Johnson, Consumer affairs, Motorcycle
330 796 3529
david_johnson@sumitumorubber-usa.com

David hooked me up when I found an 08 recall front on my ST. He IS the guy. What the outcome will be I have no idea. I have my RS2 year 2015 now mounted and in service.

v8-7

Site Supporter
I'm sure someone would be willing to take the tire off your hands.. It was a manufacturing defect that has long been fixed.

OP
OP
I talked to Dave Johnson today he is sending me the information I need to complete the recall. Nice guy he was very accommodating. I have ordered new Bridgestones before I knew about this so am going to use them instead. I have a buddy with an ST so I'll see if he needs the tire I'll make sure it finds a good home. Thank you Jim Gregory for your help
Bill

Top Bottom