Redneck nut cooler

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Great idea! It looks........effective

With a "T" in there you could cool your shins also

Bike
2010 ST1300
Heading across South Dakota with 100 degree temps soon... No need to get fancy...IMG_3005.jpg
Do you have an opening into your pant leg for the high end of the pipe? Have you tried this out? Since my bike exhausts a lot of its heat behind the radiator (through that grill near the intake scoop of your 'air conditioner') might you be scooping up HOT air? And will you end up with dry roasted nuts?

With all this talk about family jewels, remember that diamonds are just pure carbon and will burn if you get them hot enough.

OP
OP
Ltimb
Tried and tested. It's far enough forward that it takes in clean air (No heat from radiator).. And all I want it to do is keep the tank cool and provide a nice flow of air around my thighs, to which it does

Do you have an opening into your pant leg for the high end of the pipe? Have you tried this out? Since my bike exhausts a lot of its heat behind the radiator (through that grill near the intake scoop of your 'air conditioner') might you be scooping up HOT air? And will you end up with dry roasted nuts?

With all this talk about family jewels, remember that diamonds are just pure carbon and will burn if you get them hot enough.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I like the nut cooler. I have been thinking of something I could do similarly. Now I have more ideas to work on for a solution. Thanks!

My last trip I bought a bag of ice at a fuel stop and sat it on the seat with a towel over it. It lasted the next several hours before it all melted with me riding on top of it.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
OK TLimb - I've studied this and it IS brilliant, plus it looks cool. I'm off to get a couple of shop-vac nozzles and some hose tomorrow (I've already got the Panduit zip-ties).

Thanks!

Pete

PS: I'm not so sure about the 12.7 MW auxiliary lighting though. I suspect the local LEOs might get excited about that.

Top Bottom