Redneck nut cooler

OP
OP
Ltimb
There are 2 hose sections spliced together (on picture you can see in the middle of the hose) and I used a copper tube maybe 3 inches long to join them as I had a radiator tube that was long with a couple of bends to it so cut what I needed to get it routed... The Zip tie around the nozzle I removed the Crash bar plastic cover, put the zip tie around the plastic, replace crash bar plastic.. And after removing the access panel where the upper part of the hose is, I zip tied it through the hole where the pin was.... Bring the Nozzle to the auto store to get a tight fit with the tube....NAPA part #9067. Also officer I only turn them on when I'm shining deer late at night.....

Last edited:
Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Awesome!
Great idea and looks good too.
I have one of those beadrider seat covers and highway pegs. I don't think the bead cover adds all that much comfort (although I have no complaints) but the air flow is great, even better when on the highway with my feet out. It's been freaking HOT here, I'm much more comfortable.
I might have to consider this.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Couldn't help but notice that you have a heat trap relief vent for the RH exhaust header(s) also. Pretty cool (pardon the pun).
How fast do you need to be riding before you notice any effectiveness of the added vent tubes?

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I hope you have some sort of screen across the front of those. I would hate to get a pissed off hornet stuck in the wrong place! :(

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A
The other day I was thinking about something similar. But also having it attached to the seat with some ventilation holes through it.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I hope you have some sort of screen across the front of those. I would hate to get a pissed off hornet stuck in the wrong place! :(
haha ... I was going to say something similar. A swarm of bees up your nozzle and you'll singing in the tenor section

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
looking at your idea and thinking that it may be better to turn the scoop so that where yours is facing out is actually facing inboard might be more efficient it would seem to work more like a side scoop on a car. In any case that's a great idea.

Bike
2005 Concours
I love your idea. I've been wanting to do something similar for my Connie. It's like riding on a furnace, at times. Legs could sure use some more air flow. Could you provide some more pictures so I can get a better idea just how this all looks after you have the plastics back on. The biggest problem I seem to have, are the curves on the fairing. No flat surfaces. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
There are 2 hose sections spliced together (on picture you can see in the middle of the hose) and I used a copper tube maybe 3 inches long to join them as I had a radiator tube that was long with a couple of bends to it so cut what I needed to get it routed... The Zip tie around the nozzle I removed the Crash bar plastic cover, put the zip tie around the plastic, replace crash bar plastic.. And after removing the access panel where the upper part of the hose is, I zip tied it through the hole where the pin was.... Bring the Nozzle to the auto store to get a tight fit with the tube....NAPA part #9067. Also officer I only turn them on when I'm shining deer late at night.....
Such a GREAT idea. Only concern is that each hose is $18 (x4) and likely $5 for each vacuum end....makes the upgrade about $75. I'm thinking cool nuts are PRICELESS and well worth the investment.

OP
OP
Ltimb
Such a GREAT idea. Only concern is that each hose is $18 (x4) and likely $5 for each vacuum end....makes the upgrade about $75. I'm thinking cool nuts are PRICELESS and well worth the investment.
You only need 2 hoses as I just cut a section out of a long twisty one to get what I needed. Thinking if you look around maybe get something that'll work for $10 a piece... And for me this came about as I looked around my shop and had 1 hose and one vacuum end laying around... Like I said Redneck at it's best... And yes yesterday 95 DEGREES and it felt like it does right after you fill up your tank with cool fuel... PRICELESS indeed...

OP
OP
Ltimb
Here ya go folks, As the title says "Redneck. I grabbed whatever was handy in the shop and this is it... For those with concerns about stinging of my parts, the clamp halfway is where a copper tube is used to splice 2 halves together, on one side of it I inserted a screen.. Also no plastic parts were harmed in the making. The big white zip tie just goes around the plastic in that area and the back zip tie goes thorough the hole where the fastener would hold the inspection piece on the bike...

IMG_3015.JPG IMG_3016.JPG IMG_3017.JPG IMG_3018.JPG

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Hey,,, why not add these to the Nut-cooler set up ?? With the Ventz up your jacket sleeves,, and the Nut-cooler up each pant leg. At speed,,, you could be inflated, like the Michelin rubber man !!! but you could always open your fly to throttle the flow,,,, okay,,,, I am going to stop now,,,,, LOL
Cheers, Cat'

Top Bottom