Grounded For A While - Again

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Gonna be healed up enough for the RTE in Indiana next month? Hope things go well for ya, UP. Take care.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I didn't know Marines had ankles! I thought all that got fuzed in boot camp, then again you're smarter than the average bear and managed to sneak through I guess. So, like all the rest of your friends . . . best wishes for a trouble-free repair and rapid recovery!

Shuey

PS: So, since you'll be out of circulation for a few weeks, does that mean we get double hugs when you're back on the road?

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
What makes this all even more interesting is my wife fell a week or so ago and fractured her left hip (had to have surgery) and she is in a rehab facility. Sometimes life just gets really interesting! ;-) Thanks a bunch for all of the well wishes.

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
Really sorry to hear about your wife, that makes this harder I know.
Don't know much about the boots, interesting that the one from your right side will also fit the left foot. Are you like me and have two left feet?

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Really sorry to hear about your wife, that makes this harder I know.
Don't know much about the boots, interesting that the one from your right side will also fit the left foot. Are you like me and have two left feet?
Nope, they are pretty 'generic' for that very purpose - ambifooterous? ;-)

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Ugh...it never rains but it pours! Sorry to hear that the "injury gremlins" have been plaguing your house of late! Very best wishes to both of you for a full and quick recovery!

Patty

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Well, what happened to my right ankle two years ago has now happened to my left ankle - acute tendonitis. I now have the latest in orthopedic footwear for at least 4 weeks. Fortunately I saved my boot from the last time so I at least saved that expense. Once again, another orthopedic adventure for Uncle Phil. :hurt1:

I can empathize Phil. Been plagued a lot by the othopedic gremlins myself over the last 7 years.

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
What makes this all even more interesting is my wife fell a week or so ago and fractured her left hip (had to have surgery) and she is in a rehab facility. Sometimes life just gets really interesting! ;-) Thanks a bunch for all of the well wishes.
Holy cow. Hope you two have somebody nearby to help out while y'all heal up.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Sorry to hear about your family troubles. At least you still have your sense of humor! Trust both of you will heal quickly.

Top Bottom