Grounded For A While - Again

Joseph/TX

R.I.P. - 2016/11/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
1994 ST-1100A
Bet those STs will be the cleanest, most perfectly detailed and shiniest bikes in the state next time you ride one. Best wishes!

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
In sympathy for your plight or maybe celebrating Lyle's birthday I broke a toe yesterday. Hobbling along, it is the left foot so I feel it when I shift the bike and in the car I learned to depress the clutch with the ball of my foot after stepping on it the first time as normal and getting a sharp reminder that I have a broken toe.

Gerhard

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
In sympathy for your plight or maybe celebrating Lyle's birthday I broke a toe yesterday. Hobbling along, it is the left foot so I feel it when I shift the bike and in the car I learned to depress the clutch with the ball of my foot after stepping on it the first time as normal and getting a sharp reminder that I have a broken toe.
Gerhard
Ouch! And there's nothing really you can do for a broken toe except say 'OUCH' when it reminds you ... ;-)

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Best wishes for you and your wife! You might have more miles in one day than I have for the entire year. I hope your recovery goes much faster than mine did.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
UP and others............

All of us who are 50 - 55+ feel your pain. It seems that every couple of months we are reminded that we're not 18 anymore and we all spend more time tending to aches and pains than we did when we were much younger. But, that said, I know that these are relatively minor things compared to people that are suffering from major health issues and I try to keep the little things in perspective overall.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
UP and others............

All of us who are 50 - 55+ feel your pain. It seems that every couple of months we are reminded that we're not 18 anymore and we all spend more time tending to aches and pains than we did when we were much younger. But, that said, I know that these are relatively minor things compared to people that are suffering from major health issues and I try to keep the little things in perspective overall.
Agreed ReSTored - but the fact that us old dogs keep on riding is yet further proof of my theory that:

Guys don't stop playing because they get old - they get old because they stop playing.

Pete

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Hang in there uncle Phil. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Mike

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom