Update on Roadsmart failure

My dealer submitted my tire info to Dave Johnson at Dunlop yesterday. He called me promptly and is shipping me a new front tire which I am going to give to my buddy who is running Dunlops on his ST. Mind you this is an 8 year old tire. Based on their excellent customer service in this regard I can only say how impressed I am with Dunlop and Dave Johnson. Would I recommend or purchase Dunlops in the future- absolutely!

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
It's good that they took care of you, but it's about a hundred and eight degrees from my experience. My front RoadSmart failure was one of the first, well before Dunlop admitted that there was a problem. They didn't want my tire for examination (I sent photos,) and simply said that I should contact my retailer to see if it could be replaced under warranty. My dealer replaced the tire on his own dime, and I paid for mounting. I was appalled at such a cavalier attitude concerning a significant safety issue, and I could not believe that this was Dunlop's idea of customer service. Anyone can make a mistake; how one handles mistakes tells a lot about the individual or company. I'm running Michelins, Pirellis, and Heidenaus on my bikes now, happy that Dunlop hasn't seen a dime of my money since this incident.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I had a set of Roadsmart IIs mounted about 1600 miles ago, and my handeling is crap. Major bounce in the front end at 45-50, low speed is sketchy as hell. Pulled the front and verified it's balanced and true, but problem remains. Prior tires had no hint of these issues.

Was RS II confirmed to have problems like the original ones?

Top Bottom