Access to rear brake light switch

Changing rear brake light switch but not clear on how to access switch without disturbing master cylinder. Have removed plastic cover and large structural aluminum plate (muffler is held by this plate, use 10mm hex). Also removed dust cover under brake pedal. Master cylinder is attached to aluminum plate (along with brake pedal and light switch). Noticed that brake fluid canister is above and attached to frame with supply hose leading to master cylinder. Is it possible to access the brake light switch without disturbing master cylinder? Have not even gotten close the infamous springs as yet. Any help is appreciated.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Hey Jerry just a shout out to let you know my forum name. Hopefully the service manual I lent you helped answer some of your questions.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I'm having exactly the same issue and i hope someone can add some comments. Tried to adjust switch using the knurled nut but it made no difference, pretty sure the rear switch is toast, front works OK. I have the service manual but it's not been too much help so far.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
page 3-22 in the service manual states to "slide heat rubber A" to gain access to switch adjustment.
:plus1:
Have you made sure that it just isn't the front brake light switch on the handlebar master cylinder that is bad?

Top Bottom