Article [11] ST1100 - Fuse Panel Installation

Bike
2016 FJR1300ES
STOC #
Auxilary Fuse Panel Installation

(9/13/2001)

Auxiliary fuse panel velcroed to battery. Note the two in-line fuse connected to the positive battery lead. The yellow fuse goes straight into the flex tube and to the un-switched panel mounted on the air filter. The other fuse connects to the 'PILCO' relay and on to the auxiliary fuse panel. The relay is driven off the cooling fan circuit.

3/8" flex tube follows the frame tube all the way to the area above the head light.

The Datel volt meter is wired through the switch show and on to the unswitched power of the clock. This circuit was used because it didn't have the 1/2 volt drop normally found in circuits that run through the ignition switch. This was I can see the voltage drop before and after the headlights come on. The two upper BMW outlets are switched, the 3rd one is unswitched for easier battery charging.

Ram GPS mount and miscellaneous wiring.

The left box is my mp3 player adapter. The center box contains the GPS power converter. My Kriss headlight modulator is on the right.

The MP3 and GPS leads are run through the existing openings in the cover piece.

All buttoned up!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
Re: ST1100 Fuse Panel Installation

What fuse panel is that, and where did you get it? I have a similar looking one, but it's too thick to fit in that location. Does yours use the standard or mini blade fuses?

Thanks,

Bob

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #

What fuse panel is that, and where did you get it? I have a similar looking one, but it's too thick to fit in that location. Does yours use the standard or mini blade fuses?

Thanks,

Bob
Bob,

I just bought an identical unit to the one Adam used from NAPA. It was under $10.

Chris

Bike
ST1100
STOC #

I too have installed the Centech fuse panel on my 01ST1100 and another on my 00 KLR650. The KLR650 one has survived and I've never had to retighten or do anything to it. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Top Bottom