Footpeg lowering, and moving rearward

Bike
The Pan
HI, Attached is a simple DIY way to lower the rear footpegs slightly. I first did this on my BMW R1100RS which on the gear change side had an impossibly small clearance between the footpeg and the gear lever (something like 13cm) - with motorcycle boots on I simply couldn't change gear! Only found 1 kit to lower the RS's pegs and they didn't look too good (as I recall they moved the peg outwards as well), so I improvised a solution. The same clearance problem isn't an issue on the ST1100 but I just did it anyway to give my big feet more room. It also means I'm not bending my legs quite to much. Doesn't ever cause me a grounding problem (but that'll be because of my old man riding style...). 2 nuts were counter tightened between the 2 alloy plates on either side of the peg, and 2 double nutted at the bottom - the lower one is a nylock.
A small plate is inserted between the peg and the alloy side plate - otherwise the pegs fold downward to much. Its held in place with a cable[GD]IMG_0142.jpg[/GD]-tie - although it would be better to bolt it on to the peg carrier plate. Seems to work.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Great idea! I see our idea of the UK being wet a lot of the time is true!

I only wish I had seen this before blowing $$ on "real " foot peg lowering devices.

Top Bottom