It must have been the retour to work?

Bike
2k9 ST1300
Hi

After all those years ridding a motorcycle, this morning was day 1 after 4 weeks of vacation. Since I commute most day to work this morning was no exception but... I did drop my bike after confusing the front brake for the clutch%$%?&*(.

My driveway has a average slope and I have to back up and turn around.

Wanted to release the clutch that was already released I grab the front brake instead. Since the bike was incline and turning a drop did happen at less than 2 mph. No damage but my mind was focus to ridding furthermore after the incident.

Moral, do not think of work while ridding.

Last edited:
Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Welcome to the club. Sounds like you did not have enough coffee. Four cups with heavy cream and sugar will usually do the trick. Best to not try this while riding. Completing the fourth cup as you put your gear on is acceptable. Dripping coffee on the ST hot exhaust pipes is not acceptable.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
The biggest fear of tipping over 'at home' is - I hope nobody saw me do that!! Hope all is good.
The only time I've dropped my ST (so far) was in my driveway, and I'm glad that's where it happened - it was early on a Sunday morning and my neighbors weren't yet up and around, no traffic in the neighborhood, so AFAIK no one saw the tip-over. I didn't waste any time getting it up (the ST. that is) before the adrenaline wore off. :D

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Moral, do not think of work while ridding.
Moral - do not go so long between rides that you forget where the controls are. Just remember - clutch lever and shifter on the left side, front brake lever and rear brake pedal on the right side ,,,

I'm 20+ years closer to being a senior citizen than you are, but I don't remember ever confusing the clutch and brake levers, just sayin' ,,,

Top Bottom