Help please-bike won't idle

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300
I had a problem where the cold high idle didn't work so I decided to investigate and cleaned out the 5 way connector, all 5 hoses, replaced the air filter and re-assembled. While investigating I wanted to make sure that I understood how to sync the starter valves so I attempted to fit my wrench on the adjuster nut. I heard a click and may have moved it out a click. I reassembled everything and when attempting to start up it wouldn't idle and then seemed to vary rpm on its own as I open the throttle. Even when the temp gauge showed 3 bars it still wouldn't idle.
Could I have changed the starter valve sync and created this issue? If I need to sync the starter valves can I run the bike with only fuel in the lower tank, disconnect the IAT from the housing and plug it in to prevent F1 codes? Do I need to plug all other hoses that go to the air filter housing at the bottom and the fittings where the gas hoses from the gas tank connect?
Also if I need to sync the starter valves, I read the manual and it stated to remove the hose from the reed valve and plug. Does anyone know where to obtain lg plugs that will cap off the reed valve?
All assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

OP
OP
Bike
2006 Honda ST1300
So I decided to walk away and return with a fresh look. I took everything back apart and to my surprise one of the vacuum lines from a throttle body had become disconnected. I reconnected everything and started it up and it resolved the erratic idling. I believe that my cold start issue is due to living in AZ and the wax must be in a constant state of melt until September or October.
Anyone that can provide details around syncing starter valves is still appreciated.

Byron

STOC #
Best advise I can give is start by picking up a factory service manual for your bike. It will have all the details to need for the starter valve sync along with every other issue you may face with your bike.

Top Bottom