Replacement MCl Blades

PEZ

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Has anyone had to replace their MCL blades? I'm not sure how to re-assemble it. It comes with a spring and ball bearing and I don't know where to insert these two pieces.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you look under the blades, you will see a drilled hole that does not go right through, insert the spring in that hole and then drop the ball bearing in there, now slide the blade into the holder and put the bolt in, tighten the ny-lock nut. Make sure the ball bearing stays in , I used a bit of grease to hold the ball bearing on top of the spring. Now when you fold the blades out the ball bearing will be pushed into the divot in the holder to lock the blades in the fully extended position. Both left and right highway pegs have this extension lock system.

OP
OP
PEZ

PEZ

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Thanks for the info, I got it installed. It was a little different than your details though. There are two holes in the housing that hold the blade onto it. When I fit the blade onto the base/housing the other hole didn't line up, so I assumed it was the one you mentioned, the only issue was that the spring fell right through it. So, I installed the base on the bike, then balance the bearing on the spring, pushed it through the hole, slid the o-ring over the hole to keep the spring in, then screwed on the nut. It was tricky, but it works. It seems if I tighten too much the blade won't turn easily so I had to loosen it up, and I sprayed some lubricant on it.

Thanks again!!!

Top Bottom