Five bars and flashing sixth on temp

Hey folks, Valker's kid here. Got a question and I haven't been seeing this particular situation anywhere. I rode through Death Valley and Phoenix yesterday and never got more than three bars on the Engine Temp reading. I'm in Springerville right now adding some coolant because for the last three hours it's been reading the hottest Temp reading I've ever seen and I've only ever seen three bars. Fans aren't turning on despite the temp reading. Engine is hot, maybe only slightly more than normal but I let it cool on the side of the road for an hour and temp reading hasn't changed. Still just blinking and taunting me to hope it's just a goofy sensor. Anybody got any advice or ran into this situation before? Current temp outside is 65? by the way.

PS. Rode it with the bars full and flashing. No overheating that I noticed. Fan is NOT coming on while riding. I am in Magdalena, NM now and will stop for the night. Let me know what you think.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I just had the same issue in South Dakota. My issue was a simple fan relay came unplugged. The relay is located on the left side and I think is the last relay in the back. I wouldn't ride it too much with full bars showing.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Loose relay, loose or corroded ground to coolant temp sensor, defective temp sensor.

Top Bottom