ST1300 Right Directional not working

Hi

I am new to the ST1300 and forum. I did something very foolish the other night. I was putting my bike away an it accidentally tipped over in my shed. The right turn signal was knocked off and landed on the floor. I preceded to plug back in the turning light and decided to test it before I put back the housing. When I turned the bike on, both directional lights came on. The left side blink just fine, however, when I switched to the right side it just went out. I changed the bulb and it did the same thing. I put on the 4 way flasher and the right side worked, however, I noticed when it was blinking on and off it didn't look the same as the left side the right side was completely out and back on.

I check the fuse and that was OK, I also check the rear right bulb and that was fine too. I am wondering if it could be my switch that is giving my problem or could it be a relay since I didn't check it because my flasher do work.

If anyone could help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Bike
2003 ST1300
Don't feel foolish--we've ALL dropped a bike or two and broke something.

OP
OP
Hi v8-7

I didn't notice any breaks in the wiring. I will have to go back and double check. Would only the running light work if there was a loose connection?

v8-7

Site Supporter
Green wire is ground, solid wire is running light and striped wire is blinker..(may have the hot wires backwards ) but you will see.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
If all else fails, three left turns make a right. :rolleyes:

P.S. I dropped my ST more than once. And welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom