Bike
    2009 KLR 650
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

RockSTOC 3

RockSTOC III
    Thursday, June 15th - Sunday, June 18th, 2017

----> RSVP <----

We're avid back road riders and campers, we'd love to show some folks around one of our favorite areas.
    Get excited for a stay at the mouth of the Million Dollar Highway!!

I apologize that we had to change the date to the weekend prior to previous years. I had to wait to reserve the sites, due to money constraints, and that corner we want to reserve was already taken for our usual weekend. My fault, I really hope people can still come!!

Location Information:

• Ouray KOA
    • N38.081032, W107.704329
    • http://koa.com/campgrounds/ouray/
    • 2016 rates: $36.72/night based on dual occupancy (2 tents). $5 per person per night for additional folks. Discounts for KOA members or current military/fire/police (you will have to show ID). These rates will increase slightly in 2017, I will keep everyone posted
    • Pets allowed with no additional fee
    • Free showers, hot tub, wifi, camp store with the basics including ice and firewood
    • Creekside Cafe on site: breakfast 7:30-10:30am, dinner 5:30-8:30pm
    • Mesquite BBQ, beer/wine and live bluegrass Friday and Saturday night

We've reserved a smaller number of sites for 2017 due to our income being much lower. They are all shaded and grassy; each include a picnic table and fire pit. There are some tent sites with water and electric available, please contact the KOA for information. The campground is large, wooded, has a creek, is well off the main road and runs along the Uncompahgre River. It's one of the most beautiful developed campgrounds I've seen. Thursday night is paid (attendees will need to pay me back), remainder will be due upon arrival. As people RSVP we will fill the sites I have reserved. Once those are full folks are welcome to make their own reservations, but I strongly recommend you commit early!

For those not interested in camping, here are some other options. Please make your own arrangements.

The average high temperature for the end of June in Ouray is 75 degrees, average low is 50. RockSTOC I AND II were warmer than those averages. All of the sites I've reserved have shade all day. Average June rainfall is 1.24 inches. The elevation is 7,800'. Up there the sun is strong and warm. Nights cool off quickly, the campfires will be enjoyed. Be prepared for cooler weather on your rides, you'll easily get over 11,000'!

There is gas available in Ouray, but no convenience store. Ridgway has two more "standard" gas stations with all the usual convenience store amenities.

Loads of dining options in Ouray (5 miles south) and Ridgway (6 miles north) if you're looking for more than campground food. We recommend the Ouray Brewery, The Outlaw and the Goldbelt Bar and Grill, all in Ouray.

This area of southern Colorado has, in our opinion, the most concentrated best riding in the state. Not only are the roads and views spectacular, but the history of the area is fascinating! Plenty of things to do off bike, not limited to museums, mine tours, scenic train rides, hot springs and rafting! You could easily spend a week here and just get a taste of what the area has to offer.

Here are some of our favorite and recommended rides in the area, including .gpx files you can download to your GPS! http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...de-Suggestions

I will have plenty of decals available for everyone again!

A few of our pictures from RockSTOC I

› Site Search for: RockSTOC 3
    Last edited by Smash; 08-16-2016 at 06:11 PM.
    2009 blue KLR 650, "Sherman" - his
    2009 red KLR 650, "Bessy" - hers
    2000 ZR7 - FOR SALE, 2006 Ninja 650R "DLW" - sold, 1994 ST11 "Kita" - RIP, 1988 C10 "Jesse" - RIP, 2001 Shadow Sabre - Sold, 1995 Vulcan 750 - Sold
    http://smashrides.blogspot.com/

Bike
    92 ST1100
    My Gallery

Re: RockSTOC III

High Ash,
    Hopefully I may be able to make this rally. Last June, day before rally I got t-boned with a vehicle making a left turn in front of me coming from opposite direction. Of course, that totaled the ST and me also, having to spend two months in hospital. This all happened while having Dean R. behind me on his ST......so consequently, Dean made the rally without me. If coming were the case, guess you all wouldn't be to offended to me riding my 81 Yamaha xs1100 Venturer that I had bought new(showroom condition). Be safe out there riding, and ATGATT! Obviously can't emphasize that enough.
    1992 ST1100
    1981 Yamaha XS Venturer 1100

Getting dirty
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2009 KLR 650
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Would be great to have you Brant! I remember all that happened to you just before the first RockSTOC. Glad you're back riding! Heck, we ride KLRs.... be careful though, my wife's first bike was that XJ1100. She LOVED it.

Bike
    ST-1200
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

RSVP Added....

Bike
    2008 ST1300
    My Gallery

Smash, moving this up a week does that give any better rates at the KOA or local motels? I know for RockSTOC I when I called the Riversedge for rates they were just bumping them up the week of RockSTOC for the summer season. This may work out a little better maybe.

In The Barn
    2008 ST1300 - Mine, 2008 VFR800 ABS - The wife's bike, 1976 CB750F - For Sale, Brad

Getting dirty
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2009 KLR 650
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Grabcon View Post
    Smash, moving this up a week does that give any better rates at the KOA or local motels? I know for RockSTOC I when I called the Riversedge for rates they were just bumping them up the week of RockSTOC for the summer season. This may work out a little better maybe.
    Rates at the KOA will increase slightly for 2017 from 2016, but they do not change seasonally that I'm aware of. I have no clue about motels unfortunately. We prefer our usual weekend our even later in the year as we can do more offroad riding. It makes sense that's about when motel rates start to increase, as ice climbing season is over and the Jeep trails are just starting to open.

Bike
    2010 Wing
    Tip Overs
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Wow that looks like some pretty mountains to ride thru! Can't wait!
    Darin aka Tiny.

IBA #53730
    3 X SS1000 / BBG1500 / BB1500 / Curt Gran MLR1K

Getting dirty
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2009 KLR 650
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Re: RockSTOC 3

One full site left of the ones I reserved! Once they fill y'all will have to call in yourselves!

Bike
    2015 NC700 DCT
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

I might be able to make this one and still make it to Aeryn'so birthday in Illinois. Timing is everything.
    George
    "Live Every Moment,,, Love Every Day,,, Because,,, Before you know it,,, Your Precious Time Slips Away... ---REO Speedwagon, via ACL

Check my albums Picasa

Getting dirty
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2009 KLR 650
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I might be able to make this one and still make it to Aeryn'so birthday in Illinois. Timing is everything.
    That would be fanatic! Best to not leave your reservation til the last minute. The previous two years the place has been full.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast