New Ride

OP
OP
MikeP1300
STOC #
Thanks Dave, I like it. As you know, lighter is almost always better (TPadden). Almost 200lbs less than the ST and it feels it. We were just (a few months ago anyway) talking about that at the Kickstand.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Nice bike Mike. I went with it's little brother and love it. I think you will really like the big Versys.
Mike

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Looks like a beauty. I really like that color. I would like to get something lighter in a few years. I'm not buying another bike unless a Madstad windshield is available for it.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I sure like the look of that bike, if I ever wear out my ST that bike will definitely will be on the short list of replacement bikes for me. Enjoy your new ride!!

OP
OP
MikeP1300
STOC #
Looks like a beauty. I really like that color. I would like to get something lighter in a few years. I'm not buying another bike unless a Madstad windshield is available for it.
Thanks guys, I like it too. Not too crazy about the orange in-your-face color, but it's growing on me.
Mike, I rode a 650 like your bike and liked it alot. But, it's just too small for the distances I need to cover to get any where.

Madstad windshield installed already. It's marvelous.

The rest of the farkling starts next week. Fuzeblock, lights, gps, power outlet, heated grips. that should do it.

Hope to be ready for Arkanstoc. See y'all there.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Thanks guys, I like it too. Not too crazy about the orange in-your-face color, but it's growing on me.
But, it's just too small for the distances I need to cover to get any where.

Hope to be ready for Arkanstoc. See y'all there.
Whaaaat? I did an 850 mile day coming back from VA a couple of weeks ago. Bought it at the end of May and it's been in 15 states and has 8,000 miles on it now. It is as comfortable as my ST or RT were on long days and it is much more fun in the twisties. I haven't once wanted more power since I've owned it. Not knocking your bike in any way. I'm sure the 1000 is a blast too. I like the orange. I would've bought that color if it had been available but black/carbon is growing on me now.

Hope you can make it to ArkanSTOC. Bring Joey with you.
Mike

OP
OP
MikeP1300
STOC #
Oh yea. Not every body can ride like dr bug. :bow1:
Just call me a candy *** in front of the entire world. I can take it. I'll just ride my big comfy bike to the nearest bar and get drunk.
Joey is a maybe.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Oh yea. Not every body can ride like dr bug. :bow1:
Just call me a candy *** in front of the entire world. I can take it. I'll just ride my big comfy bike to the nearest bar and get drunk.
Joey is a maybe.
Right. I've ridden with you before. YOU weren't the one that did the off-roading on Hwy 123 going to the Hub :D Looking forward to seeing your bike and what you've done to it.
Mike

OP
OP
MikeP1300
STOC #
Mike; I was on the ST then, poor Gary on the fjr. It may sound weird, but I find the V1k handlin reminiscent of the st1300. Less a whole bunch of weight of course. I find it easy to steer with a simple flick of the hips. The mass is noticeably less than the fjr and lots less than the st. I know why you like the V650.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
How about now? As with most humans, the Versys looks better with it's clothes on.
Still looks good, I love farkling... currently in a support group but they meets at various MC shops so not the best idea..

OP
OP
MikeP1300
STOC #
Still looks good, I love farkling... currently in a support group but they meets at various MC shops so not the best idea..
I think it's safe to say, if you're a participating member of a motorcycle forum (or 4), You just might need counseling.

OP
OP
MikeP1300
STOC #
I didn't want to go there.
Let's keep the discussion topics motorcycle related. I'd hate to see you get reprimanded by the admins. :D

Top Bottom