Do you use SiriusXM?

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
So I sent an e-mail to the place that does the Palm repairs I think it was Jeff that posted it. I got the reply below. A very thorough e-mail detailing all the costs associated with the repair that Garmin said they couldn't do. So when I get back from FLSTOC the Zumo will be going out for repair. Check out their e-mail it is great explanation of what they will do and all the associated costs and it come from the President of the company. A nice touch.

Steve,

Yes we have repaired this problem in the past, the repair would be $40.95, this includes getting the XM radio working when the problem is the firmware(most common) and service. You might also consider having the internal backup battery replaced, the additional amount to install a new internal backup battery would be $11.95.
The backup battery is required to maintain the GPS location values while the unit is turned off, with a bad battery each time the unit is turned on the satellite acquisition takes five to ten minutes and with a good backup battery the acquisition takes around 30 seconds if you have not moved from the last location.

Please choose one of the shipping options for shipping within the US from below and add this to the repair total amount;
-United States Postal Service (1 x 0.57lbs) (First-Class Mail (4 - 6 days)) $4.93
-United States Postal Service (1 x 0.57lbs) (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)) $7.15

By including payment with the unit it will decrease the return shipping time.

In most cases the repair will be done within five days of receiving the unit, usually much less, then sent out via USPS Mail with Delivery Confirmation. The preferred payment method is a check included with the unit(in US funds ONLY).

Here is the shipping information;
Please send the unit to be repaired only (no accessories unless requested please), and packed in a well-protected box.

US shipping - For small packages Priority Mail by the USPS with Delivery Confirmation works out best - they even give you the box and it is two to three day service - DO NOT USE the USPS paper Flat Rate Envelope, they do not hold up well in the mail. For packages over 3 pounds UPS or FedEx is best.

International shipping - Air Mail is the best choice however it is not traceable and can take longer then expected at times. Please DO NOT ship to us via UPS from overseas - if you value the package over $100 then we will be charged a brokerage fee and we will need to pass this charge on to you, many times this is around $25. In most cases if you do not value the package over $100 with UPS then there will be no brokerage fee but if you have a choice of another shipping us it.

Also include;
(1) A short note about the problem
(2) Pin code, pass word etc. to allow entry into your unit
(3) Your name and return address
(4) Your email address
(5) Your phone number

Send to;
Short Tronics, INC.
51612 US Highway 169
Mankato, MN 56001-6584

Before your repaired unit is shipped back I must receive payment.
We accept the following forms of payment, in order of preference;
(1) Money Order(US and Canada only), Personal Check(US funds ONLY)
(2) PayPal use the email address paypal@PalmDr.com to send payment
(3) Credit card

Warranty: All billed for service and parts are covered for a period of 90 days. For device sales the non functional unit will either be repaired or replaced at Short Tronics Inc. discretion. This covers workmanship, reoccurrence of original problem, and replaced part malfunction. This warranty does not cover damaged during shipping, either to or from the point of sale/repair. This warranty does not cover physical breakage; damage caused by environmental exposure (i.e. rain, lightning, any spilled substance, etc.), any user physical modifications, or user modification to the internal ROM contents. Cost of shipping is not covered and is the customer's responsibilities, typically $7(International will be more), please inquire for actual amount.

Thank you,
Chris Short, President

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Steve, Any chance yo have tried your Zumo with a known working XM puck or another Zumo with your puck? I only ask because my Xm puck died this year and it was the puck no the Zumo. I know thins because I had a spare puck to swap out.

Top Bottom