Dull, frosted windshield

Hi pals, any recommendation to clean the oem windshield. You can name it dull, frosted, blur, whatever... To get it back to see through appearance...

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
There are some decent Youtube videos on cleaning some dead looking windscreens. Process varies depending on whether or not the problem is scratches, crazing or oxidation. You can take care of a medium size annoyance with Novus plastic polish and cleaner. I bought a set of all three grades at Office Depot on Saturday for $9.95. I've used Novus for years, the screen on my 1991 has near new transparency and sparkle....except for two bird strike scuffs.
Plastx is a good maintainer and polish also but I prefer the Novus products.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
I have used both Turtle and Mothers plastic head light cleaning kits with great success on my wind screen. Available at you local auto parts store.

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
2024 Miles
Get a new one. They must put some scratch coating on the OEM shield. Being in the optical industry, once that coating fails you're screwed. Just like your eyeglasses. Get a new one without a coating, and take care of it as you would the rest of the bike yourself. I bought a Clearview Shield. Awesome. Opt for the central vent instead of the side vents. I did the side vents. You need some air coming into your chest. I opted for the side vents and bought the inserts. Problem is they are OEM Honda parts are for the ST1100. They do not fit their shield because it is thicker. Ended up giving them to a guy I met that just bought a ST1100 at the annual Honda dealer bike night.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just sold my spare gently used one to a friend that had the same problem, he's as happy as a clam on high tide. Just put a want add for a gently used one.
The Honda shield has a laminated coating on it. Once it's gone, it will start to go hazy.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Hi pals, any recommendation to clean the oem windshield. You can name it dull, frosted, blur, whatever... To get it back to see through appearance...
Never, never use a glass cleaner that has ammonia in it on plastic windshields. The ammonia will cause the plastic to get hazy and crack oaver time.

OP
OP
Never, never use a glass cleaner that has ammonia in it on plastic windshields. The ammonia will cause the plastic to get hazy and crack oaver time.
Roger that!

Here how my windshield looks like. Not easy to tell, but if you zoom. In can see the froze...

Sent from my R7f using Tapatalk

Top Bottom