Motorcycle Larry no response

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I ordered a right replacement hwy blade on July 25th from MotorcycleLarry.com. and never received it. I sent numerous emails and made phone calls. There is no answering machine.
They charged my credit card on July 25th. Does anyone know what's going on with Motorcyclelarry.com? Can anyone recommend another hwy blade for the ST1300?

Bike
2006 ST1300
I have called the number on the website many times. I usually get an answer during normal business hours for the west coast. I admit waiting for an extended time to see the highway blades return as available on the website. That happened just this week. I was notified by email yesterday I had a shipment coming from MCL. I am hopeful it is what I ordered.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I'm having similar experience. Placed order on 8/28/16. As of today, no email confirming shipping/delivery. Phone is not answered. I just emailed them today. I will post when/if I receive a reply.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I had a couple of days of unanswered phone calls but then the phone was answered and an email confirming shipping sent and a day later I got my order. I'm wondering if they're having a staffing problem.

If it was just a matter of vacation or something planned I'd expect there'd be a mention on the site.

STOC #
I was investigating some Handlebar Risers, and could have gotten them from Motorcycle Larry, but with all the chatter about delays and unanswered phone calls, etc... I ordered from Revzilla and they are scheduled to arrive by end of day today.
Although I understand they have some proprietary items that only come from them... for many items 36 hours from order to arrival is what their competition is providing.

Just my $.02.

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I ordered from MCL and got my parts in less than a week...

Bike
ST1300 Pan European
My order is registerd at MCL OUT OF BUSINESS - DO NOT ORDER. I've payed in december 2016 by PayPal, no package, no response, unanswered emails, etc. Now we'll see what the PayPal guarantee is worth. I've contacted them.

-PayPal did their job. I got back my money, but lacks the equipment.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
My order is registerd at MCL OUT OF BUSINESS - DO NOT ORDER. I've payed in december 2016 by PayPal, no package, no response, unanswered emails, etc. Now we'll see what the PayPal guarantee is worth. I've contacted them.
My brother had the same problem last spring, PayPal came through pretty fast! Once my brother contacted them (PayPal)....

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have had a similar sort of experience, placed an order Jan 02 through their website, paid via Paypal, got an order confirmation, and then heard nothing for over 5 weeks. I sent 3 emails to orders@MCL OUT OF BUSINESS - DO NOT ORDER with no reply. I then tried the email adddress on the Paypal receipt, npt@sbcglobal.net, and suggested that if I got no response I'd initiate a cancellation through Paypal. Sudden success, I had a same-day reply and apology, and my item was shipped next day. So if you're having no joy, try: npt@sbcglobal.net

ELC

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Terry, I did, twice and zero response. I am at the point where I am just going to fight the charges on my plastic card and walk away. I was considering their risers as well but after this, revzilla will have my business.

Must be a real hit or miss issue.

I ordered a pair of ram ball reservoir covers last week, got an email acknowledgment next day and
received the order within 5 days.

Eric

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Must be a real hit or miss issue.
+2 I'm thinking/hoping the same thing. It may be a matter of dealing with in stock/out of stock items. When it comes to products that only MCL has (Helibar is the design source of their risers) I'm willing to weight as long as I'm kept in the loop.

My Gen 1 Blades were on the site for a NY minuted then gone but I managed to get my order placed in that moment. A confirmation email of the order and then nothing and no response until the day they shipped. I was a little nervous be glad to get the Blades.

Maybe they're afraid if they tell you something is OOS for a few weeks you'll give up and move on. They may be short-handed but we really are entitled to know WTW is going on with our orders. If they're really trying to keep the business going I'll look there first. But they need to be more communicative.

Top Bottom