Pirelli Angel GT A Spec

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Anyone know if these are better for the ST1300 than the non-A Spec?

Thanks Mark

dr1954

Rick
Bike
=6= F800gs
A lot of guys use them on their k1600s. The BMW only weighs a little more than the ST so I expect the Pirelli would be a good choice.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Mark - Is there something on the tire that says "A Spec"? I'm currently running a set on one of my ST1100s but I don't have a clue which 'spec' it is and the invoice from BikeBandit doesn't say. I'll be glad to look if you can point me in the right direction.

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Thanks UP, I'm at work and wanted to order; but, got stumped by the descriptions being close...

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Well I wasted everyone's time... They don't make the A Spec on ST1300 size... :-( Sorry...

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Mark - Not a waste of time as now I have a better education on Pirellis! They are not bad as far as handling overall and in the wet but I'm just curious as to what kind of mileage I will get. They did not seem to 'square off' on my trip up to CampSToc which was a lot of slab from TN to PA. BTW, I'm running the ST1300 sizes on one of my ABSII ST1100s (front's the same, back's a 170/60 instead of the 160/70).

Bike
2010 ST1300
When I was looking for an Angel GT for my rear tire (last month) I think I saw two different weight ratings in the catalog. I was not paying attention to an A or not an A tire. Might this be the difference?

But since I was doing my research at the Hamburg BMW MOA rally, and I was looking at all the tires there, I might have confused a couple of brands.....

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I'll let the site know after I ride through the rear I'll be mounting..

I'll let the site know after I ride through the rear I'll be mounting..
I will be doing the same in a couple weeks, just ordered F&R of the Angel GT as fitted for the ST. My Battlax 020 with 10k of my miles and unknown miles of PO are done.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I am running the A-spec rear tire on my ST1300,,, for a couple of weeks now. The A-spec has a heavier carcass than the regular spec,,, and is intended to carry the higher combined loads that Sports tourers like the FJR and ST can generate,,, especially when loaded. As I recall,,, I ordered the 180/55r17 A-spec,,, which is slightly wider and slightly smaller in diameter. Just did a big trip,, and it handled very well. Fuel mileage has not been significantly impacted. So far,,, I am happy with this premium rear tire choice. Cat'

ps, there is a video on Revzilla or Motorcycle Super store,, that talks about the A-spec

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I will be doing the same in a couple weeks, just ordered F&R of the Angel GT as fitted for the ST. My Battlax 020 with 10k of my miles and unknown miles of PO are done.
DD, do you change your own tires? I have a harbor freight and all the right *stuff*...
Mine will arrive 8/31; but, I will be working w/t/f and then I'll have off 5 if you'd like to get them done here...

Mark - Not a waste of time as now I have a better education on Pirellis!
Me too! :)

slightly wider and slightly smaller
I'll run the stock sizes for a bit on this new to me bike... :)

Mark

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I wish I had this figured out earlier, the price went up by over $11 while I dithered. sigh... :)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I wish I had this figured out earlier, the price went up by over $11 while I dithered. sigh..
SOMETIMES using another computer might get a previous price.* Over the last few years I've noticed this with a few sites. Amazon was once infamous for this. Now they just raise prices as an item becomes popular.

*This is because your browser stores a cookie from the site that's not present in another browser/computer.

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Thanks, I tried it on 3 computers.. all the same after yesterday afternoon...

Bike
2010 ST1300
SOMETIMES using another computer might get a previous price.* Over the last few years I've noticed this with a few sites. Amazon was once infamous for this. Now they just raise prices as an item becomes popular.

*This is because your browser stores a cookie from the site that's not present in another browser/computer.
I hate this cookie stuff. On Firefox, go to Preferences > Privacy and check the box Accept Cookies - then go down a few lines and click on the box that says "keep until" and choose "Firefox closes". You will now get all the benefits of cookies but they evaporate when you close the browser. If you never close it, then you get the attendant problems of allowing cookies to stay on your pewter forever.

Now, I don't know if the website's computer is smart enough to code the cookie it put on your computer, save a copy of it, and then compare that to your computer's id next time you log onto the website. If so, this would void my little trick - or am I just too paranoid?

DD, do you change your own tires? I have a harbor freight and all the right *stuff*...
Mine will arrive 8/31; but, I will be working w/t/f and then I'll have off 5 if you'd like to get them done here...
Appreciate the offer Mark and will keep in mind. Ordered mine through D&D Cycle here in Tempe. A couple bucks more but mounted with purchase. :) Wheels off on the 10th and back on with new shoes. :D Will PM other info.

Top Bottom