Urgent - Bolt Spec Needed

Bike
2007 ST1300
Hello,

I'm on the road and lost both right front caliper bolts (rough roads here in Maine). Since the left caliper bolts are different I'm hoping to get the specs so I can look around locally in hopes of finding comparable bolts. Does anyone have easy access to the bolt specs that hold the right front caliper on? It's a 2007, non-ABS. I'm looking online but the hotel I'm at has no public computer so it's all on my phone.

Thanks so much!

Lydia

Bike
2009 ST 1300
My opinion I emphasize my opinion. A quick bio of my background I worked in Tool & Die business for 35 years currently in the machine building business and I believe I have a good understanding of this topic as far as fasteners go. Go to the local hardware store and get the best Grade metric bolt that fits that spot and you should be more than fine. good luck

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Check my homework on this, but for a 2007 ST1300 Non-ABS www.servicehonda.com says:

Assembly: RIGHT FRONT BRAKE CALIPER

Part No: 90131-KBV-003
BOLT, FLANGE (8X32) (SAGA)
Quantity 2

(This is #20 on the parts explosion diagram)

Hope this is either the right part for you or connects you with the diagram that has the info you seek.

Good luck!

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Hi Lydia:

I'm not sure that I've got the correct parts but I went on the Discount Honda Parts website and pulled up the RF brake caliper ***'y for a non-ABS 2007 ST1300 and here is what I believe are the correct caliper bolts (parts #20 & 21). They are 8mm shoulder bolts - one is 30 mm long and other is 45 mm long. I am trying to attach the schematic and part numbers. BTW - these very samle bolts are used on MANY other HOnda bikes (and possibly Honda cars too) - so take the part numbers to a dealer and see if they have them:

BOLT, FLANGE (8X32)
90131-KBV-003
002$3.98$2.96
021BOLT, FLANGE (8X45)
90135-MAJ-G41
003$5.44$4.04

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Hi again:

Here are the part numbers in case my last post is not legible.

Item#20 8x32 Flange Bolt - P/N 90131-KBV-003

Item#21 8x45 Flange Bolt - P/N 90135-MAJ-G41

Hope this helps!

Pete

OP
OP
LydiaGP
Bike
2007 ST1300
Thanks so much for your help, everyone! Knew I could count on you guys. I have no idea where the closest Honda dealer is (we're in Millinocket ME), but Tractor Supply Co had something close enough to work, and blue Loctite and a few minutes later it's good to go, until I can get the actual correct bolts. TSC came through for us twice on this trip! Another bike needed a trailer tire and they had the right size. Of course mounting it was a different issue....

Ready to ride - Thanks again!!

Lydia

Last edited:

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Lydia,

Here is what you need...

Original bolts were, quantity 2, 90131-KBV-003, BOLT, FLANGE (8X32) that ibike2havefun first specified. They will look like this...

Right caliper bolts.jpg

Note that these are flange bolts. Now its quite likely that you will not be able to acquire the specified bolts even if you manage to find a dealer. If that's the case find a local hardware or big box store and pickup a pair of these:

Right caliper bolts replacement.jpg

Two replacement M8-1.25 x 35 bolts and get a couple of washers also. If they don't have 35mm bolts, 30mm might work but I think 40mm will be too long.

Edit to add: pickup a small tube of blue Locktite thread fastener to use on the threads so this doesn't happen again.

Once mounted to the bike it will look like this (note: mine is an ABS bike so ignore the cable):

Front wheel bolts.jpg

Good luck and let us know how it works out...

Final edit: Looks like you solved your problem while I was creating my post. Good to see that you have it resolved...

Last edited:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Giving someone a part number or link when he is sitting on the side of the road may not be the help he needed at the moment.
It probably would have been better to tell him to lift his passenger seat and remove the two bolts closest to the passenger grab rail, as they are the same size and have the same 12mm flange head.
This would have gotten him off the side of the road and to a place where he could purchase or order one.

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
Giving someone a part number or link when he is sitting on the side of the road may not be the help he needed at the moment.
It probably would have been better to tell him to lift his passenger seat and remove the two bolts closest to the passenger grab rail, as they are the same size and have the same 12mm flange head.
This would have gotten him off the side of the road and to a place where he could purchase or order one.
That's very good to know. I would not have thought of that.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Very true but that requires that I had that knowledge, which I didn't.

Always good to be able to learn from the Master... :D

Top Bottom