Foot Peg options for ST1100?

STOC #
I have read where many have swapped the Gold Wing foot pegs on their ST1300's and I see where one member asked the same question I have, but never got an answer...

Do the Gold Wing pegs fit the ST1100?
If so, are there any specific years that can or can't be used?

I've found the ST1300 parts Wiki that lists this info, but still cannot find an answer to the ST1100 fitment question... Anyone?

Thanx in advance for your knowledge,
Jim

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
I have GoldWing pegs that are a direct fit for the 1100. Don't remember what year they are from.
Ahhh... so it can be done.
Perhaps someone could chime in here with some compatibility info?
I have one peg that's a little boogered up and I'd like to switch them both out.

Jim

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Just a bump to see if anyone out there knows which GL foot pegs will fit the ST1100 directly.

Anyone?

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."
I've gone ahead and created an account there... waiting for admin to approve it. Ugh.

Thanx for the info.

Jim

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Just a thought - have you checked the part number for stock OEM pegs for the ST11 and compared it to the one for the ST13?

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
The "Assembly" for my ST1100P is discontinued (see red in first image), but the individual parts are still available... of course that wouldn't get me the larger peg of the Gold Wing.
It appears that the ST1100 and ST1300 for the same year would be identical (including part numbers).
So assuming that others have used the GL1800 pegs on the ST1300, then they should work on the ST1100.
But comparing the GL1800 and ST1100 diagrams they have a completely different shape where the pins go through (see blue in each image).
This is why I haven't rushed out to buy any.

Looking at the parts diagrams:

ST1100P Step.jpg GL1800 Step.jpg

I really do like the idea of the larger pegs.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
OK, I think I've got it now... looking at this page from the ST1300 Wiki, it lists the 5 parts for each side that are needed, and says that they work on the ST1300 for 2003/2004 at least.
Given this, if I place the following order, I should get what I want for my ST1100 for around $57:

Peg Order.png

Crossing my fingers and placing the order now.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Jim. My Wing pegs on the 1100 look nice, are a bit bigger and seem like they'd be more comfy, but in use they actually don't seem any different. I have one of each on the 1100 now and I never notice the difference.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
... I have one of each on the 1100 now and I never notice the difference.
Okay Dean... that would drive me crazy... just sayin' :)

I went ahead and ordered them, with any luck they'll be here in a week or so. I'll post the results back here with pics, just for reference.
Thanx again for everyone's input.

[Update: All items in stock at Partzilla and shipped out today, Sunday 9/4/16. We'll know soon enough.]

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Are there any motorcycle salvage yards in your area? If so, just go there with your ST and look around for GL1500 parts. Might be the easiest way to confirm your search questions. Who knows, you may even see something else that you 'need'.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Ok... the Gold Wing Foot Pegs showed up on my doorstep tonight... 15 minutes later...
A PERFECT FIT!!!!!
Yessssss..... Take a look:

Before.jpg Compare.jpg After.jpg

Bend the old Cotter Pin out of the way.
Slip the Peg Pin out (one of my springs was broken, but I found a suitable Torsion Spring at the local hardware store that works).
Assemble the Rubber, the Internal Plate, the Drag Indicator Bolt on the new pegs.
Hold the new peg in the old position, line up the spring, and drop the Peg Pin back through.
New Cotter Pin, and... done.

So... to answer the question that was hanging out there... Yes, the Gold Wing Foot Pegs will fit on an ST1100.
At least mine did.

:) :) :) :) (and I'm only a little happy about it).
Farkle, Farkle, Farkle, Farkle... Farkle.

Jim

Last edited:
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Are there any motorcycle salvage yards in your area? If so, just go there with your ST and look around for GL1500 parts. Might be the easiest way to confirm your search questions. Who knows, you may even see something else that you 'need'.
+1 on 'needs'. That's why I ride to salvage yards. If I take the truck, I always find another project. Bike limits me to whatever will fit into the bags.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
JMartin said:
Assemble the Rubber, the Internal Plate, the Drag Indicator Bolt on the new pegs.
Did you get a new set that needed assembly or did you use some of the bits from the old ST pegs? I've got a pair that came off a 'Wing and apart from needing rubber for a pristine appearance I assumed they'd just bolt on as in your sequence.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Did you get a new set that needed assembly or did you use some of the bits from the old ST pegs? I've got a pair that came off a 'Wing and apart from needing rubber for a pristine appearance I assumed they'd just bolt on as in your sequence.
I got all new parts which consisted of:

1. New Peg Bases (They call them "Arm, R Step" & "Arm, L Step").
2. New Rubber Pads (They call it "Rubber, Step").
3. Plates that go inside Rubber Pads that the Holding Bolts attach to (They call them "Plate, Step Setting").
4. New Plate Holding Bolts (They call them... well... "Bolt").
5. New Drag Indicator Bolts (That's what I call them - They call them "Bolt, Cap").

So if you only need new Rubber Pads (Item 2) for the set you have, then you already have Item 1 and 3, and Items 4 & 5 are likely interchangeable from your ST pegs - I didn't check before I tossed them.

See order as placed:
Peg Order.png

Go for it... they look great.

Jim

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Will be interested to see what you think about them performance wise, i.e. how are they better than stock.

Top Bottom