'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Total junk and ill-fitting based on SupraSabre's experience.
I just cruised the website out of curiosity. It did not make me confident.

Ali Express is a consolidator, in much the same way that Amazon or eBay are storefronts and conduits for numerous other vendors.

Their "Full Refund" guarantee applies only if you do not receive your order. Beyond that it appears to be largely "Buyer Beware". Items MAY (as in "might", not as in "are permitted to be") be returned for a full or partial refund, PROVIDED they are in unopened packaging.

By the time you figure out the fairings don't fit your ride, it's too late.

The color scheme shown was interesting, but reminded me of a Chinese dragon motif. Would be an interesting theme to develop, but not one I'd want to live with day in and day out.

All of this is just opinion; I've never dealt with this outfit. They might be the greatest service-oriented retailer on the planet for all I know, but it doesn't come across in the website.

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
When I dumped off I went to see my Chiropractor right away. Also some Chinese suppliers are very good. look up on my CBRXX.COM forum. The one the guys like has great paint and fit and finish. Don't know if they do STs. Will find out.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
I just cruised the website out of curiosity. It did not make me confident.

Ali Express is a consolidator, in much the same way that Amazon or eBay are storefronts and conduits for numerous other vendors.

Their "Full Refund" guarantee applies only if you do not receive your order. Beyond that it appears to be largely "Buyer Beware". Items MAY (as in "might", not as in "are permitted to be") be returned for a full or partial refund, PROVIDED they are in unopened packaging.

By the time you figure out the fairings don't fit your ride, it's too late.

The color scheme shown was interesting, but reminded me of a Chinese dragon motif. Would be an interesting theme to develop, but not one I'd want to live with day in and day out.

All of this is just opinion; I've never dealt with this outfit. They might be the greatest service-oriented retailer on the planet for all I know, but it doesn't come across in the website.
I have purchased the odd thing through the website and usually end up with something similar to what was described and somewhat less than I hoped for. Some items I purchase on amazon.ca also end up being shipped from China but the protection offered by Amazon is admittedly superior. Be prepared to wait as delivery times are rarely as promised.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear about your getoff!

I didn't see any pictures, so I'm not sure how bad your bike is.

NOW:

WARNING about buying from China!

1. Pure JUNK! If you really want to buy it, I'll send you what I have, you just pay the freight! I paid $500 and got totally ripped off!
2. Don't even think of returning it, it will cost you more to ship back to China than what you paid for it!

Link to my China Junk: http://hamptonrpi.com/V4Files/ST1300Files/ChinaTupperware/

I attempted to put the lower (large) cowls on at one time. The fit was poor at best. At first I thought my crashbar screw tabs were off... No, the plastic's holes were off.

Basically to mount this garbage, you will need a plastic welder, a heat gun, glue and a lot of patience! Which I don't have much of that last item, so I just ordered all new plastic for the 2010 and called it quits! It looks pretty good blue!

2010Finished-almost.jpg

2010 is on the left.

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
I just saw that you had a get off. Sorry to hear about it. Heal up. Make sure your body is ok, we only get one of those no replacements. I just noticed that Memphis craigslist has two ST 1300 listed for sale. Very rare in this part of the world. A silver one with top box and a Russell day long seat. And a black one like the one you cracked the plastic on. Three hour drive from your neck of the woods.

OP
OP
milkmaster
Bike
2006 ST1300
Still healing up. The bike is in my yard barn until I get a chance and the inclination to decide on what direction to take. Next week I should be able to get outside in the sunshine without it being so painful on the road rash. Just taking my time. My big trip planned for October is not in the cards now, so I have kind of lost interest until the weather cools off a bit. Still wondering why I keep looking at that FB6 bike online everyday. Must be some sort of self imposed therapy! :)

Bike
'14 Honda Valkyrie
Still healing up. The bike is in my yard barn until I get a chance and the inclination to decide on what direction to take. Next week I should be able to get outside in the sunshine without it being so painful on the road rash. Just taking my time. My big trip planned for October is not in the cards now, so I have kind of lost interest until the weather cools off a bit. Still wondering why I keep looking at that FB6 bike online everyday. Must be some sort of self imposed therapy! :)
It's fate calling out to you. :)

I totaled my CTX1300 in July. Thankfully I only got a little bruised up, nothing broken (that I'm aware of) or badly damaged. I loved that bike -- it was my favorite of all that I had owned, but it was the second crash I'd had with it in less than a year, after about 14 years with no incidents. As much as I loved it, there was a stigma attached to it now, and I just couldn't bring myself to replace it with another of the same thing. The Valkyrie caught my eye right about the time I decided I wasn't quite ready to hang up the boots yet. It called to me, and now I own one. Sounds to me like the same thing going on with you.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
There is a reason we where it. Glad you had it on.

Don't just trash it. Check with the local fire/paramedic community. They often like the old ones to show off... and to use for practice drills. I've dropped a few at my local house.

Top Bottom