50CC THW NY-SF

OP
OP
kendoo
Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Thanks guys. I'm digging the new FJR for sure. Was a fun ride, but sure is taking a long time to get home. LOL

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Thanks guys. I'm digging the new FJR for sure. Was a fun ride, but sure is taking a long time to get home. LOL
I guess more than 40 hours to get back is long. ;)

Really nice run Ken, safe travels home.

OP
OP
kendoo
Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
So happy for you Ken! Really wanted to ride with you but my Dad ended up having his transplant surgery on the 12th and I had to be here for that. I'll get mine another time, just not in Rally format though. Congrats on a ride well done! I see you're taking the scenic ride home. Enjoy that FJR. Ride safe my friend.
So happy your Dad got the transplant. You can do a 50CC anytime. We need to grab a coffee soon.

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
So happy your Dad got the transplant. You can do a 50CC anytime. We need to grab a coffee soon.
Thanks buddy. We are all very excited too. A long 4 year wait for a donor and go figure on who it ends up being. Wow. Just wow. You say when and where and coffee anytime my friend. I'm sure there's a good cafe somewhere around Utah or one of the Florida Keys we could meet at... something simple. [emoji6]

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Ken what a great ride, your ride home was more what I am able to do. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Gerhard

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Hey, Ken when you have a moment can you send the the waypoints for the gas station you used in SF for your end of ride check in as well as the location you took the photo overlooking the bridge. I would like to use both on our 50cc even harder way attempt next year..

OP
OP
kendoo
Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Hey, Ken when you have a moment can you send the the waypoints for the gas station you used in SF for your end of ride check in as well as the location you took the photo overlooking the bridge. I would like to use both on our 50cc even harder way attempt next year..
Dave,
Being that is was a group ride, it was governed by a different set of rules. We were not required to get start and end receipts because there was a witness there to verify odometers etc. We were required to get gas receipts not exceeding 350 miles along the way. The coordinates of the GGB vista point are 37.82888 -122.48582

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Thanks Ken. For some reason the not superman site would not come up at work so I was not able to see the rules for your ride. No worries though, we will plan with the standard rules just as for the last 50 cc we did. I still have to send in the route to make sure it would be considered a 50cc gold. It should be though, it's 200 miles longer than NYC and there are no shortcuts..

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kendoo
Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Thanks Ken. For some reason the not superman site would not come up at work so I was not able to see the rules for your ride. No worries though, we will plan with the standard rules just as for the last 50 cc we did. I still have to send in the route to make sure it would be considered a 50cc gold. It should be though, it's 200 miles longer than NYC and there are no shortcuts..

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
I thought I read somewhere what defined "the hard way". Might have been >2900 miles? Not positive about that. Either way, anything longer than NY-SF that starts and ends on the coasts should be fine.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
I thought I read somewhere what defined "the hard way". Might have been >2900 miles? Not positive about that. Either way, anything longer than NY-SF that starts and ends on the coasts should be fine.
Yep, Talked to Kneebone and Ira, we are all set with our plan.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Looking forward to following your ride next year. Headed to Alaska afterwards?
We wanted to but we are about 3 days short of time so we will just have to do another trip to get that in..

Top Bottom