LED Headlights and non-LED Modulator Update

Sabre I know I have asked you before about the brightness of led over stock and they look brighter in the video for sure but sometimes they appear brighter because the color is whiter. So at night if there is a big difference in the "amount" of light on the road?

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Sabre I know I have asked you before about the brightness of led over stock and they look brighter in the video for sure but sometimes they appear brighter because the color is whiter. So at night if there is a big difference in the "amount" of light on the road?
+1... I have the same question. Are they really brighter at night or just more white?

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Now will someone post a video (or even just a snapshot) from the saddle showing the illumination of the road ahead at night comparing stock with LEDs?

Bike
ST1300
No, you are not wrong! You can't use LEDs on a non-LED modulator! That said, we don't have any highbeam/lowbeam restrictions like that when Lane Splitting here (many riders have their High beams on even at night when Lane Splitting) and as I've said before, most people aren't paying attention to the fact that they are more flashing than modulating, they are just moving over so I can clear them better! :D

I'll be happy too when SDC makes their LED modulator.
I installed a Kriss modulator about 4 years ago for H4s. Can the Kriss handle a LED or does the modulator have to be replaced? If so it would probably be cheaper to mount aux lights.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I have been on the same SDC list for nearly 2 years. Every now and then I shoot them an email to see how it is going. They have not answered last couple. I would like to support them,,, but their lack of support is disheartening,,, Cat'

I emailed SDC and they said they are working on a version of their modulator for LED headlights. they are not sure when it will be available, but they put me on a list of those interested when it is available.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm happy that companies are making/have made LED compatible modulators but my preference is using an incandescent type with LEDs.

I haven't ordered one yet. There's a lot of stuff I have to install before buying any more stuff to sit on the shelf. :rofl1: But I really like the look of SuperSabre's LEDs and modulator.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have been on the same SDC list for nearly 2 years. Every now and then I shoot them an email to see how it is going. They have not answered last couple. I would like to support them,,, but their lack of support is disheartening,,, Cat'
Agreed, but I just keep using my "regular" modulator with my LED headlights to no issue with local coops it seems. I really don't think most pay attention to them.

Top Bottom