Help Identify Brand of CC

I spotted a ST1300 that had a bracket off the rear axle shaft that held a pickup and the magnets were glued into
the hex bolts on the brake disk. Interesting way to get speed pulses. Does anyone know the brand ?

Thanks

Don

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I'd say the brand is homebrew.

There are 3 known cruise controls, all will need a speed input from something. The vacuum operated AudioVox, electrical Rostra or the Aussie MC-cruise.

The ST1300 has a VSS that you can tap and use a pulse-divider, or using the magnets and pick-up is a viable alternative too.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
Could be any kind of CC I have used both types of. Speed input with audio vox and rostra.
I used magnetic pulse input on my pc800 and my concourse 1000. They both used mechanical spedo unlike st1300 electronic. Pulse

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Hi Don:

The MC Cruise systems (the expensive Australian system) uses tiny round magnets that insert into the holes in the hex bolts of the brake disc. There is a bracket that is installed that holds a black round sensor proximate to the magnets to pick up the pulses. The magnets are not glued in, they are held in place by magnetic attraction.

I have such a system on my ST 1300, it works very well.

Michael

Top Bottom