Russell Sport Saddles..?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I just read gck501's review of his Russell Sport Saddle and went to their site to see pricing. Typical of so many motorcycle sites the navigation sucks. Not as bad as many sites and it's a sight prettier but it still sucks. The only pricing I found was for their Day Long Saddles.

Does anybody know the general or base price of a Russell Sport seat? Does anybody here have a Sport seat? I'm not the aggressive rider Russell mentions in their description but I like the look better than the Day Long version.

I'm also curious as to the tolerable length of time in the Sport vs the Day Long. I'd be looking at a 500-600mi day tops probably. Like gck I'd probably just get the front half if made the leap.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I did the other seat.

I'm not needing a seat 30" wide. So why should I need to stretch my legs around wings.

My seat builder is non-existent now. Time will take its toll, hopefully we can find a replacement.

Bike
2012 ST1300
I just read gck501's review of his Russell Sport Saddle and went to their site to see pricing. Typical of so many motorcycle sites the navigation sucks. Not as bad as many sites and it's a sight prettier but it still sucks. The only pricing I found was for their Day Long Saddles.

Does anybody know the general or base price of a Russell Sport seat? Does anybody here have a Sport seat? I'm not the aggressive rider Russell mentions in their description but I like the look better than the Day Long version.

I'm also curious as to the tolerable length of time in the Sport vs the Day Long. I'd be looking at a 500-600mi day tops probably. Like gck I'd probably just get the front half if made the leap.
The sport seat is 10% less than equivalent day-long seat. So if you wanted a solo sport seat in leather, you would find the price of the day-long leather, and take 10% off. And you are right - the site does not list the sport seat price. I had to call for pricing.

Bike
2012 ST1300
I did the other seat.

I'm not needing a seat 30" wide. So why should I need to stretch my legs around wings.

My seat builder is non-existent now. Time will take its toll, hopefully we can find a replacement.
My sport seat is 16.5" wide (not 30"). And I do not have to stretch my legs around wings. The wings are abbreviated on the sport seat (compared to the day-long). I do have to slide slightly forward on the seat to get my legs down.

OP
OP
ST Gui

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
gkc501 said:
My sport seat is 16.5" wide (not 30")...
Yeah that bit made me laugh.

gkc501 said:
And I do not have to stretch my legs around wings. The wings are abbreviated on the sport seat (compared to the day-long). I do have to slide slightly forward on the seat to get my legs down.
All great info! That's a great looking seat and really changes my mind about the Russell seats.

Bike
2012 ST1300
Originally Posted by gkc501
My sport seat is 16.5" wide (not 30")...

Yeah that bit made me laugh.

I am missing the humor?

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
My sport seat is 16.5" wide (not 30").
I know the seats are not really 30" wide.. .just exaggerating a bit.

My point is that not all of us need an extra spring and so much extra width on the seats, and if we don;t need it then we don;'t have to worry about trying to work our way around it.
I never saw a sport saddle in person, but the pictures I have seen on the web made it look liek it did not have nearly as large of wings as the RDL, that so many folks claims are so much needed.

Top Bottom