Nashcat has a little secret

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
It's a little secret, or maybe a wee secret, but I'm not going to be like George and keep the secret to my self. No, I'm letting the cat out of the bag. I've been looking for something a little lighter than the ST1300 or the Wing for some local riding, and had pretty well decided on a V-Strom Adventure 650. Well, I found a one owner bike locally and brought it home Saturday. It's a 2013 and already has a few farkles such as Power Commander, Scorpion exhaust, and crash bars (not installed yet), and a choice of 4 different windscreens. I put about 50 miles on it Saturday, taking the long way back to the house (with no tag), and love it. Haven't been on it much since Saturday, since we're getting the Wing ready to head to ArkanSToc tomorrow morning, but I'm sure the miles will increase soon. I know the post is worthless without pictures, so here are a couple.

Ride Safe
John and Janis

Attachments

OP
OP
Nashcat

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Good choice. Now is the Wee really for Janis.
No, she had rather ride pillion than have her own. I've asked her many times if she wanted her own, but she always declines. Probably because I told her that she would have to change her own oil. Then she searched just one "oil thread", and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. :D

Ride Safe
John and Janis

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Congrats John!! I know a lighter bike can be so much fun! All the reason I still have my DRZ 400... See you at ArkanStoc!

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
John, glad that you found a good one. I'm sure you'll grow to like it the more you ride it. If I could have gotten my right leg over mine after the new knee, probably would still have it.

Ride on :)

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congrats on the new bike! Hope it fills the void of a lighter/round town bike.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Congratulations!

I *just* re-enabled this sub-forum yesterday so imagine my surprise at the fortuitous timing.

Top Bottom