Rain Gear - Touratech

Bike
ST1300
My wife and I usually hit the road for ten days each summer and we are always looking for better rain gear.
Does anyone have any experience with Touratech Campanero Summer Suit?
It is pricey, $$$$, but the combination of mesh with armor and the Goretex over suit makes this really appealing to me for touring.
I have not seen it before and had not even heard of this line until today. Without being able to see it in person, I can't justify the money without some reliable reviews.
Can be found here: https://touratech-usa.com/Motorcycle-Riding-Gear

Bike
2006 ST1300
Seems a mite spendy to me...2200$ for a suit? I'd have to seriously look at a good quality mesh jacket/pants combo , and a separate rainsuit, or if you are not going to be riding in more than 85* F weather, consider an Aerostich. I actually have worn motorcycle grade Frog Togs a few times over mesh, and it seemed a good combo.

That just seems to be an excessive amount of money for a jacket and pants.

The more I read about goretex and studies done I personally wouldn't spend a ton of money on a goretex suit. Buy well made touring suit with proper armor then buy a dedicated rain suit you can throw on over top (frogg toggs). Let the rain suit get filthy grimy with all the crap from the road rather than your $2200 goretex suit which in order to work properly (at best) needs to be relatively clean.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I use the KLIM Latitude pants and jacket its Gore Tex 100% water proof is a bit pricey but less than half of that suit. I have worn my KLIM in temps into the 90's it is very good up to the 80's with all vents open once you get into the 90's its hot but I don't need any rain gear or to stop if I hit rain just close up the vents and ride.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Wow, $2200 for pants and jacket! Makes no sense to me when there are so many other well proven options for way less than 1/2 that. Personally, I prefer a $100 rain suit that goes over my gear, which I can use year around with any gear I wear. Like my bike cover and flat repair kit, my rain suit stays on my bike all the time. I know, I have to stop and put it on but having dry gear underneath after the rain far outweighs that disadvantage. My .02.

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Seems a mite spendy to me...2200$ for a suit? I'd have to seriously look at a good quality mesh jacket/pants combo , and a separate rainsuit, or if you are not going to be riding in more than 85* F weather, consider an Aerostich. I actually have worn motorcycle grade Frog Togs a few times over mesh, and it seemed a good combo.

That just seems to be an excessive amount of money for a jacket and pants.
THRILLED with my Road Toggs. Great for when you're in/out of the liquid sunshine....you can just leave it on and you're ready for the next shower/gully washer. Price is great too.

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
+1 on an Aerostich Roadcrafter suit. I thought thy were expensive until I saw these Touratech prices!

Top Bottom