Regulator / Rectifier on a 1995 ST1100 ex RAF Police bike

Hi, help please, I have owned an ex RAF police service bike for the last few years, I have done many faultless miles on it, until this summer when the regulator gave up the ghost whilst I was travelling through France, the problem I seem to have is this: The regulator - part number 31600MZ9901is no longer in production, having searched the internet, Iam drawing a blank in my search ? the regulator has the following etched on to the bottom of it SH236B-11

Has anyone any ideas or know of a way around this? Any help gratefully received.

thanks Jay Shepard Glossop Derbyshire UK

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Others can chime in but to the beST of my knowledge the non-authority model ST1100s' VRR should work fine, plugs right into the white 6P connector on the 28amp equipped bikes, and is STill available.

John

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
...I was told mine creates more amps as it has a 'generator'?
As long as it hadn't been modified by a PO, the P-spec uses the very same, oil cooled 26A generator as the civil model; only the VRR was "enforced", by applying a type with enlarged cooling surface to cope with the additional load of patrol lights and radio.
The standard civil VRR used the footrest plate its backside is attached to/in contact with as heat-sink; you'll need to remove the bracket for the P-spec VRR first though...

Top Bottom