Neutral Light quirk

Bike
ST 1300 Blue
STOC #
My problem is one with my neutral light flickering while I am in gear and running. I changed out the switch and thought I had it fixed but it returned soon after I road again. When I am in neutral, the light is on solid so, I think I have an intermittent ground. Following the wire for as far as I can and it disappears into the unknown. Any suggestions. I am going to take the plastic all off in the fall for some service work I want to do but suggestions as to where to look would be really appreciated. Thanks.:04biker:

Byron

STOC #
I don't believe that it is ground related because as long as the switch is working properly once in gear losing ground would not make the light flicker as there is no ground. However, if there is a short somewhere that could cause the light to flicker. Was your bike ever checked for chaffed wiring harness? I believe there was a service bulletin on the 2004's.

OP
OP
Bike
ST 1300 Blue
STOC #
I believe it was checked and received a clean bill of health. A long time ago though. Thanks Byron.

OP
OP
Bike
ST 1300 Blue
STOC #
Sorry guys, we have some family trauma happening and I have been away from the computer. When I checked out the new switch I found that it opened the path to ground when in gear I believe. Maybe I am thinking it wrong. That led me to believe that I have an intermittent ground due to a rubbed wire. It happens after a few kilometers and then erraticly (sp) after that. I do have to take the plastic off after the season ends and tighten leaking hoses so maybe I can follow it up and either fix or eliminate the idea and move on to other ideas. Thanks for the help so far.

Top Bottom