New 1300

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Way over priced for an almost 5 year old bike!

Last year at this time I picked up my new (16 miles on it) 12 ST1300 for only $12K.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Hmmmm.... that's VERY expensive for a new ST.... they are out there, here's one I found on Craigslist for 3k less http://southbend.craigslist.org/mcd/5776364972.html

Well... they do say:
"THIS BIKE HAS 0 MILES ON IT!!! YES, ZERO MILES! This is still a brand new bike that has been in our showroom for over four years. We are very motivated to get this bike out the door so come in and make an offer we cannot refuse."

Bike
2003 ST1300A
Well... they do say:
"THIS BIKE HAS 0 MILES ON IT!!! YES, ZERO MILES! This is still a brand new bike that has been in our showroom for over four years. We are very motivated to get this bike out the door so come in and make an offer we cannot refuse."
The only thing they are very motivated to get out of this bike is their money! Seems they have been highly (price wise) motivated for a long time!

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
I have not owned my ST1300 two years yet. The day before I picked my 2012 up and test rode it. The bike was still in the crate. December 9, 2014 with .04 miles on it. $10,500. They may have it another four years on the showroom floor. One of our local Honda dealers still has a 2009 St1300p white with all the blue lights on it and is still stuck at about $19k for the bike. Sitting in the corner with almost flat tires.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Hmmmm.... that's VERY expensive for a new ST
True but it's a new bike from a dealer not used from third-party. I don't know if Honda has a MAP requirement (Minimum Advertised Price) but that's MSRPish pricing. If you walked in the door ready to deal you might be able to save major ching. Sure they'll take MSRP if you don't know any better but I bet there's a lot of wiggle room.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I don't know if Honda has a MAP requirement (Minimum Advertised Price) but that's MSRPish pricing
I've seen dealer prices advertised that are much lower than the original $18,300 MSRP for new-in-box 2012s. The link I provided in post #5 is an example. So either there's no MAP, or it's been lowered, or the dealer has violated the MAP agreement.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Seems a lot of posters aren't reading the whole dealer ad where they say they are very motivated and will listen to offers. If somebody is serious (not just posting on a forum) about buying, call them up and offer them X dollars. Then the haggling can begin.

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Seems a lot of posters aren't reading the whole dealer ad where they say they are very motivated and will listen to offers. If somebody is serious (not just posting on a forum) about buying, call them up and offer them X dollars. Then the haggling can begin.
Very good point ! I only looked at the pictures and that price tag...
Why show such a high list price that instantly turns off those that only look quickly at the add.

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
True but it's a new bike from a dealer not used from third-party. I don't know if Honda has a MAP requirement (Minimum Advertised Price) but that's MSRPish pricing. If you walked in the door ready to deal you might be able to save major ching. Sure they'll take MSRP if you don't know any better but I bet there's a lot of wiggle room.
Buy it Randy and you could have twins! Lets see, which one do I want to ride today :poPoST1:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Lets see, which one do I want to ride today
Beauty eh? But it's a not quite enough NW for me. Not to mention that I need a lot of WD-40 to park my bike as it is. But the prospect of a Fly/Haggle/Ride has it's attractions.

Still they may be motivated but advertising the MSRP are they really really motivated. And "Siri take me home!' isn't just a ride- it's an adventure! Maybe more than I'm cut out for. :rofl1:

Top Bottom