Another victim of stuck open thermostat!

Bike
2006 ST1300
Noticed the fuel milage was a little low since I've bought the bike and noticed last week the old temp gauge was wondering since the nights are cooling off coming home from work at 3am. Did the ol' coolant flush and replaced the thermostat today. I also noticed just a hint of seeping from the weep hole. This bike only had 10k on it when I bought it and sat quite a while. I put pretty blue coolant in it and figured I could another thousand miles on it before the snow flies. I'm hoping there's not a water pump overhaul job in my future. Figured I'd wash and scrub the bike down tomorrow since the fairing is off and wire in a volteam meter. I test road the bike for about twenty minutes and no signs of leaks and it now warms up a lot quicker. Whoop whoop! Im having trouble uploading pictures but ill resize and try again later.:06biker: Also boy when you guy's said "Fairingectomy"...you wernt kidding! after owning Harley's and BMW's I thought it was going to take foever to get all the front body work off. "For the love of Pete though" with a wiscon sin accent....Ha Ha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnnyDanger
Bike
2006 ST1300
Thermostat.jpg20160916_143047.jpg It wont let me load the other two pictures of the overflow bottle, but you get the jest of it.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Some seepage of the coolant/oil is normal. That's why on the '08 and later they added a small drain tube to the hole, so until you see coolant leaking on the floor, don't worry about it.

OP
OP
JohnnyDanger
Bike
2006 ST1300
Thanks SupraSabre, I didn't know they added a hose to recent models. I'll keep an eye out for puddles.

Top Bottom