Nearly sold my ST!!!! What was i thinking!!!!!

Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Hi folks,
Don't know what was going on last week but I started looking at BMW's, i know it must be a midlife wobble........... thank god its over now, the pan is the bike for me lol!!!!!!.

Did a few hundred miles round North Wales today 70,000 miles and running sweet.

Cheers
Chris

Bike
2005 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Look at it this way - the fellow who sold me my ST wanted a new K1600 GTL. He made me a very happy guy and new ST convert. I'm sure he will enjoy his new ride, but there will be times he will think about the ST fondly. Many here ride other brands or models, but we appreciate the qualities of the ST and can deride it's foibles without disparaging it. Ride happy and safe, whatever you straddle.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
None taken - just pointing out it's ok to flirt with other models - and you could also make someone else very happy if you decide to jump! :D

Bike
2006 ST
Why Jump ? Keep the wonderful V-4, and buy some others.

OP
OP
caddyman
Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
The thing with me is I get board easily, usually a couple of years with a bike and them move on, but with the ST I just can't think of a bike to better it really, so no point in trading in and getting another loan etc.... just to have another model of bike.

Don't get me wrong the ST has its faults like all bikes but I find it easy to get on with, I think if I could afford one id like a ctx1300 like the style of them even if they haven't really caught on in the UK, but at 9/10 k in UK for a used one, I can spend half that for a ST1300.

So I will soldier on with my trusty ST for another few years, might treat it to a custom seat, as that is a sore point...... literally!!!
Cheers
Chris

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Totally agree - different bikes for different rides.... Here is a photo of my [under reSToratation] 1976 Yamaha XS650C. In its day, the XS650 was considered a relatively large motorcycle (remember the first Gold Wing had come out only the year before and it was also a naked bike) - but now, compared to the ST1300, this thing feels like a bicycle!

Cheers,

Pete

Attachments

Bike
Vstrom 650
I can see no fault with my St, just the weight but that's also what makes her so stable and smooth, I added a vstrom for mountain roads etc, the St hasn't had much use this year but it's still great to have her and no doubt in the future she'll be back as the number 1 bike again for a while.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
No offence intended lads
None taken. Glad you survived your mid-life wobble!

but now, compared to the ST1300, this thing feels like a bicycle!
I had a '77 GL1000 and saw one while on a ride to Alice's Restaurant. It was naked and had a few farkles (the extra gas tanks that looked like the side covers!) and I couldn't believe how small it looked compared to the ST.

Luckily my lack of parking space restricts me to two bikes but only if it's an ST. My wallet appreciates that. Then something like this comes along:

And... it's an ST!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I want a Motus MST-unfortunately, my resources can't handle a $30K investment in a motorcycle ,,,

Top Bottom