Shutting off when turning handlebars left

FBR

Hi all! Odd problem has come up. I disassembled and cleaned the front calipers today. After all was put back together, I started the bike for a test run. As I was turning the handlebars to the left, the bike shut off. Here is a video... https://youtu.be/fyx_hSmEO24 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Well you sure don't want the bike cutting out when you least expect it,,, it is like jamming on the brakes during a left turn,,,, and you are going down !! Now I have no experience with the ST11 what so ever. But I did have a very similar problem with my CB1000c,,, which would cut out during low speed turns and bumps. The issue was inside the ignition switch,,, and required disassembly, cleaning, lube,, and a bit of repair to the internal electrical contacts and insulators. Can you grab the harness and dublicate the cutout by moving it in the same motion that is created when turning the bars left ?? Cat'

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Since all the controls go go out too, +1 on the ign switch circuit...
Behind the steering head (you'll need to remove the aif filter housing for access) are 3, large contact-shells for both handlebar switch-pods and for the ignition switch; start working from there.

OP
OP

FBR

Lmao wow, guess it would have been when I took off the mc for cleaning. Thanks!

Top Bottom