Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

  1. #11
    Rwst1300's Avatar
    Bike
    2006 ST1300
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shell Knod, MO.
    Posts
    12
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Last years ArkanSToc was my first. It was great to meet, ride and share a meal (RTE) with those that gathered. I plan to attend again this year however, I'm hoping to see more of the beautiful scenery this year. Its hard to beat the twisty roads, hills and valleys of the Buffalo River and the Ozark mountain range.
    Won't need a place to stay since we are only about 48 miles or so from the Hub. However, if anyone is in need of a good spot to rest with a comfortable bed and shelter for their STeed, I highly suggest you check out https://www.vrbo.com/984630# We cater to bikers.
    Sorry, this sounds like a commercial, and it is, but it"s a great spot to gather with friends and family and explore the riding the Ozarks has to offer.

  2. #12
    Extroverted Loner
    (Threadstarter)
    Bug Dr.'s Avatar
    Bike
    BMW RS-Tenere ES
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern Ozarks
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,464
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Rwst1300 View Post
    Last years ArkanSToc was my first. It was great to meet, ride and share a meal (RTE) with those that gathered. I plan to attend again this year however, I'm hoping to see more of the beautiful scenery this year. Its hard to beat the twisty roads, hills and valleys of the Buffalo River and the Ozark mountain range.
    Won't need a place to stay since we are only about 48 miles or so from the Hub. However, if anyone is in need of a good spot to rest with a comfortable bed and shelter for their STeed, I highly suggest you check out https://www.vrbo.com/984630# We cater to bikers.
    Sorry, this sounds like a commercial, and it is, but it"s a great spot to gather with friends and family and explore the riding the Ozarks has to offer.
    Good, ad revenue. I'm thinking two nights comp'd is a fair price for placing ads on this thread. I will be sure to invite Dinkie when I stay at your place. You WILL need to repaint the interior after we leave. DAMHIK.
    Mike
    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way" Viktor E. Frankl


  3. The Following User Likes This Post:


  4. #13
    Blacksheep Tribal Member skidlid1300's Avatar
    Bike
    Schwinn
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    2 miles N of Woodstock, IL
    Posts
    690
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Bug Dr. View Post
    Good, ad revenue. I'm thinking two nights comp'd is a fair price for placing ads on this thread. I will be sure to invite Dinkie when I stay at your place. You WILL need to repaint the interior after we leave. DAMHIK.
    Mike
    ... and call in the HAZMAT Team!!
    Ron
    1. 2004 Honda ST 1300,
    2. 2000 Suzuki DRZ 400 dual sport
    3. 2001 Honda Gold Wing

  5. #14
    Skip skipcurt's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Age
    52
    Posts
    638
    Tip Overs
    3
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Getting about time to figure out whether or not I'm attending or not. Anyone rooming it have an opening available they might want to share? I can always camp but just checking to see if there's any comfort available. If I do attend it will be Th-Sat night.

    Skip

    "The less people you chill with, the less BS you deal with"
    The weather don't matter....let's ride!!
    STOC #3156
    IBA #55488

  6. #15
    Extroverted Loner
    (Threadstarter)
    Bug Dr.'s Avatar
    Bike
    BMW RS-Tenere ES
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern Ozarks
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,464
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Hope you can make it up Skip. I always camp so I can't help you with a roommate.
    Mike

  7. #16
    Site Supporter okckeith's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,493
    Tip Overs
    1
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    [QUOTE=skipcurt;2020780]Getting about time to figure out whether or not I'm attending or not. Anyone rooming it have an opening available they might want to share? I can always camp but just checking to see if there's any comfort available. If I do attend it will be Th
    Skip I am waiting to see if John Smick is going to share a room with me again this year. If not I will have room. Just bring your ear plugs. john says I snore.
    I just spent 4 nights there two weeks ago. The roads are in great shape in Arkansas and southern Missouri! Bug and I inspected several of them my last two days to make sure.

  8. #17
    Skip skipcurt's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Age
    52
    Posts
    638
    Tip Overs
    3
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by okckeith View Post
    Skip I am waiting to see if John Smick is going to share a room with me again this year. If not I will have room. Just bring your ear plugs. john says I snore.
    I just spent 4 nights there two weeks ago. The roads are in great shape in Arkansas and southern Missouri! Bug and I inspected several of them my last two days to make sure.
    I'll wait to hear from you Keith. I also snored but now I use a CPAP. I'll throw an extra pair of ear plugs in my gear!

    Skip

  9. #18
    Extroverted Loner
    (Threadstarter)
    Bug Dr.'s Avatar
    Bike
    BMW RS-Tenere ES
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern Ozarks
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,464
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by skipcurt View Post
    I'll wait to hear from you Keith. I also snored but now I use a CPAP. I'll throw an extra pair of ear plugs in my gear!

    Skip
    Just don't let him talk you into going to a bar in down town Eureka Springs. We will have to tell you the story about one of his nights on the town. It's best told around a camp fire.

    Last week I went through Eureka Springs on my way back from getting my bike serviced. I stopped at a little BBQ joint and the three ladies that sat behind me were talking about going to a freaky bar downtown the night before. I couldn't help myself and turned around and asked them if it resembled the bar from Star Wars that had all of the aliens? I told them that I had a buddy that calls it the "Star Wars" bar. One of the ladies just about fell out of their booth from laughing so hard. They agreed that it a good name for that place. It almost makes me want to go see it for myself.............almost. Guess some things never change.
    Mike

  10. The Following User Likes This Post:


  11. #19
    Site Supporter okckeith's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,493
    Tip Overs
    1
    My Gallery

    Re: ArkanSTOC 9 - 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by skipcurt View Post
    I'll wait to hear from you Keith. I also snored but now I use a CPAP. I'll throw an extra pair of ear plugs in my gear!

    Skip
    I sent John a txt. He plans on coming. We could spilt a room with 3 beds if nothing else works out. I'm going to ride over after I get off work Thursday morning. I'll be staying all 3 nights.
    I will not be going anywhere near Eureka Springs! Gary and I were lucky to make it back to our room that night. A very nice British lady was nice enough to give us a ride.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •