Bought an ST1100

OP
OP
The third filter that has the filtration holes and nut covered came with Honda tool fluted for filter removal.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Thanks again bush. I always use OEM parts on my bikes. You think it may be that I'm in the UK those other 2 are showing the nut and no holes? Doesn't seem right to me either. They are both in honda genuine packaging and the one with the cover and holes came loose but has Honda logo etc. Purchased from fowlers in Bristol UK that deal with all OEM parts.

Cheers mate.

I don't know what the 1300 filter looks like, but maybe you were given the wrong one. Just to be clear, I think this is the wrong one.

Attachments

OP
OP
I will call them tomorrow. I'm assuming the one with filtration holes etc is the correct one and should fit all ST1100s Europe and in the States. Will double check the part numbers also.

Cheers

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I wasn't able to connect with David Silver Spares UK web site (odd?), so I couldn't compare part numbers, but I too would think the filter should be the same world wide. I know the ones I have, with that part number I gave, are correct for this bike. Is it possible that dealer is selling Chinese knock offs and not genuine Honda?

OP
OP
I hope not Bush. They supply dealerships as well. Definitely going to call tomorrow. Will also call Dave Silvers and ask them and check part numbers see if they find anything unusual.

Peter

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Part Number: 15010MCEH51
ST1100A1 - OIL PUMP
Is for the one with nut covered and 8 filtration holes.
OK mate, this is what I found at a USA parts web site. The one above is the correct filter, but the part number is different than my quoted part number because it also comes with the removal tool. Hope that helps clarify the part number difference. For the Honda part only, without the tool, you should be getting a 15410-MFJ-D01. You are up rather late over there!

OP
OP
Lol I know bedtime soon. Cheers. Will check tomorrow and see about getting 2 replacements. Glad I posted here and asked.
Goodnight from Glasgow.

Peter

OP
OP
Spoke to Dave Silvers and Fowlers Bristol. The filters are fine. They supercede the other filter. Checked part number on csml online too. Checks out and other suppliers also.
Is there anyway of purchasing an electronic version of a genuine workshop manual. I have always had one for other bikes owned or is the Clymer manual the way to go.

Cheers

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
You may find a Honda manual on eBay. Look for one that covers '96 and up models, since the pre '96 bikes had some differences. Failing that, the Clymer manual is pretty good. I have both and the Clymer is very thorough. Haynes is a rather poor third choice. I'm not aware of an electronic version of the Honda book and I think that is frowned upon by this site due to copyright infringement issues.

Glad you got the filter question solved. I know that part # has superseded at least once before too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thanks again Bush. Will try and order the physical Honda manual from Ebay and get a Clymer also.

Peter

OP
OP
I thought about it and will keep them. They illuminate the path and shed for visibility. Found it has a hagon fully rebuildable shock.

Cheers

Top Bottom