Thank you again forum!

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Off for a terapeutic afternoon ride, and noticed as I drove down from my house that the gearshifter was quite a bit harder than usual to push down in first gear, hmmmm:confused:

Entered the highway in first gear with high spirits as usual, and had problems getting the shifter to second gear. Could not get it in third, so as my spirits went down I returned to the garage in a rather dark mood. Bike was fine two days ago.......hmmmm:confused::confused::confused:

Found my service manual and in short I was looking at an engine removal....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

So I searched this forum for gearshifting problems and voila:
Several stories about same problem, a quick fix really. Spray a lot of penetrating oil on moving parts while working the gearshifter.
Took me 15 minutes to solve the problem.

I'm so grateful for this forum! :yr1:

Stu

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
You are not done yet! To properly test the repair you have to go ride for pie and make it home. Only then will it be properly repaired!

OP
OP
STooRay

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
You are not done yet! To properly test the repair you have to go ride for pie and make it home. Only then will it be properly repaired!
Hehe, I have a nice three hour ride coming up today, officially to pick up some pottery (! !)for my wife, but to be shure the repair is complete I will stop for pie. This should be an amendment to the service manual.....:D
Stu

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Well done sir...
Hehe, I have a nice three hour ride coming up today, officially to pick up some pottery (! !)for my wife, but to be shure the repair is complete I will stop for pie. This should be an amendment to the service manual.....:D
Stu

Top Bottom