Where does the rear brake wire plug in at ?

Bike
07 ST1300
I lost the other end of the rear brake wire during the clutch slave cylinder and clutch replacement.
Can someone tell me where it is ? I had to take the back half of the bike to get to the clutch slave
Cylinder and the front of the bike replacing the clutch. Im ready to put it back together and i
cant find where the rear brake wire for the light plugs in. Can someone PLEASE tell me where
it is on the bike ? I have an owners manual but its not much help .Thankyou
Lonney

PROBLEM SOLVED THANKS

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
I don't know, but will hazard a guess. On my last bike there was a switch on the brake rear master cylinder. Since you did not touch the front of the bike, maybe this is where it goes?

OP
OP
Bike
07 ST1300
Yes I cant find where the wire from the rear master cylinder goes . I tore both the front (clutch) and the rear( clutch master cylinder) so im a little overwhelmed but this wire is the only thing I messed up on . THANKS

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Page 27-27 in service manual if you have one.
Rear brake light switch 2P (white) just behind the right cylinder head behind and above the smog canister. It may be hidden from view behind the rubber mat.
Its in the same area where the speed sensor wires reside.
The vehicle speed sensor is 9P white, o2 sensor 4p black, rear brake light switch 2p white. They are inside the rubber boot or sheath, so you will have to lift it up a little to find the female plug.
I sent you a email and my phone number if you need to call. I can send you pictures of the manual if you need them.
Hope this helps.
Larry

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
Yup Igofar nailed it!
I had to do this a few weeks ago when I replaced a cut rear brake light switch. Even with the Tupperware removed it was a PITA to find. It was behind the rubber curtain and pushed in a little. I don't have big hands and it was tricky to get my fingers in there to retrieve it. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
Bike
07 ST1300
Page 27-27 in service manual if you have one.
Rear brake light switch 2P (white) just behind the right cylinder head behind and above the smog canister. It may be hidden from view behind the rubber mat.
Its in the same area where the speed sensor wires reside.
The vehicle speed sensor is 9P white, o2 sensor 4p black, rear brake light switch 2p white. They are inside the rubber boot or sheath, so you will have to lift it up a little to find the female plug.
I sent you a email and my phone number if you need to call. I can send you pictures of the manual if you need them.
Hope this helps.
Larry
THANK YOU ST. LARRY !!! This is twice you helped me brother. If your ever near PA you have a place to stay and a bike to ride.

OP
OP
Bike
07 ST1300
Yup Igofar nailed it!
I had to do this a few weeks ago when I replaced a cut rear brake light switch. Even with the Tupperware removed it was a PITA to find. It was behind the rubber curtain and pushed in a little. I don't have big hands and it was tricky to get my fingers in there to retrieve it. Good luck with it.
my connecter was stuffed all the way at the top of the plastic cover it was a PITA just getting it out.

Top Bottom