MidwayUSA Military Style 4-Piece ECWS Sleeping Bag System

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I just received a new sleeping bag system that was on sale at Midway shooting supplies. List price was $329, but was on sale for $149. It consists of inner bag, outer bag, bivy sack, and stuff bag. It can be used with 1, 2, or all 3 bags, depending on conditions. What I like is the fact that the bags snap together along the zippers, which keeps all 3 bags aligned. With past liners that I've used, the liner was loose, and would bunch up and shift inside the outer bag. It appears to be well made with large zippers. It's rated for -40 F, but I think that might be a little overrated. I'm sure it would be fine around zero. I'm 5'11" and 200lbs and have quite a bit of extra room in the bag. The bivy sack is waterproof, as well as the stuff bag, which has compression straps to reduce the bulk, when packed. Overall, I'm very pleased, but won't know until after the Blue Ridge Gathering.

I don't know how long that it's on sale, but here's the link.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/354842/midwayusa-military-style-4-piece-ecws-sleeping-bag-system

Ride Safe
John and Janis

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Says it packed size is 17 x 12, which seems big to me. Wonder if could be made much smaller with a compression sack...or if that is already a compressed size?
Good price though for that warm of a bag!

OP
OP
Nashcat

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Says it packed size is 17 x 12, which seems big to me.
The best I could do, by leaning on it, is 16"L x 11"Dia, using the 6 straps on the compression storage bag. Remember that you're compressing 3 bags. In warm weather, you could leave one or two of the bags at home to reduce the bulk. I'll probably use it for a back rest, since the stuff bag is waterproof.

John

STOC #
You do know this is surplus military gear, right? I've owned one of these 'systems' for over 20 years. The gear has held up quite well. I have hardly ever used the black "Intermediate" bag, way too warm. You can toss your tent too. :)

OP
OP
Nashcat

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I got to try the bag this weekend, at Moonshine. Woke up to 35 degrees, and was comfortable, using a Entex air mattress underneath. A beanie and scarf are needed to cover exposed parts, but I stayed warm all night.

Ride Safe
John

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Wow. Sorry, my bad. I take back everything I said. :)
I was just at the army Navy surplus store. Saw the 4 piece army bivouac system lightly used for $114. 3 sacks and a bivouac waterproof sack. Thought about buying it may go back and get it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nashcat

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I just checked the link in the first post, and Midway has them on clearance for $97! I wish I needed another one, at that price.

John

Top Bottom