Thought I would share my F6B Rental Experience here on the ST Forum...

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
No joy on the F6B loaner ride. The dealer didn't have it available to loan out so ended up with a BMW R1200R. Now I am even more convinced that sport bikes are NOT for me. Was I ever cramped with my knees up to my chest and my wrists are sore from the vibration. I'm 5'9" so not lanky at all. Just not suited for this kind of ride. Still may get to test ride a F6B... someday.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
When I was a younger man, I would laugh at those huge bikes and mumble things like, "why don't they just put the doors back on that thing and call it a car again". But now that I'm 55, I can definitely see the appeal. I really enjoyed spending the day on that F6B. A real nice blend of motorhome and town car, but with a Corvette engine. :)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
What kids of all generations never seem to realize is regardless of bags windshields trunks audio systems weight etc at the end of the day there are still only two wheels under all that. It took me awhile to learn that.

Beyond my teen years I still enjoyed Tommaselli clip-ons and rear-sets. But then I got GL-1000 and decided leaning on the gas tank wasn't the way to ride anymore and floor-boards weren't a bad thing. And that still being on only two wheels was the only thing that really mattered.

Bike
2010 Honda NT700V
What kids of all generations never seem to realize is regardless of bags windshields trunks audio systems weight etc at the end of the day there are still only two wheels under all that. It took me awhile to learn that.

Beyond my teen years I still enjoyed Tommaselli clip-ons and rear-sets. But then I got GL-1000 and decided leaning on the gas tank wasn't the way to ride anymore and floor-boards weren't a bad thing. And that still being on only two wheels was the only thing that really mattered.

A super +1 on that!

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
For the record... I finally bought a 2013 Honda F6B and am waiting for its arrival from Kansas.
I held to my commitment to lose 40 pounds first (currently 42 pounds down from my peak of 255.5).
Contemplated the purchase of the 2016 White F6B of my dreams, but compromised on a 2013 with only 2700 miles on it, for about half the investment.
Let's see what Honda comes up with in the next generation of Gold Wing first.

Thanx to everyone for their input and support.

Jim

0.jpg 1.jpg

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Congrats! Now, are you ready to sell your 2003 ST to me? :)
Hahahaaa...
Got some work to do on it first.... Currently waiting for some LED's to put back in the dash before I re-assemble it.
Also need to get my throttle return problem solved.

I'll be putting the word out soon.
May hang on to it till next spring. I'd like my son to do some riding with me, but his GSXR is not the slightest bit comfortable for touring.
I'm hoping he'll ask to borrow the ST while I'm on the F6B.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've always liked the F6B especially in yellow or white but the red is great looking too. The closest I'll come to owning one is putting the retro Honda emblems on my ST! Congratulations Jim!

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Congrats on a great bike! A 15 or newer Deluxe will be on my short list when I decide to replace my 07 1300. I only rode one one time on a test ride. I sure liked it a lot more than I thought I would since I have never liked the 1800 Wing.

Bike
2006 ST1300pa
I check out the F6B's every time I see one (which is rare). Beautiful bikes.
BTW, that's a great ride story---thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
I check out the F6B's every time I see one (which is rare). Beautiful bikes.
BTW, that's a great ride story---thanks for sharing.
You're welcome.
Had a great time.
Looking forward to putting miles on my own now.

Shipper sent me an email today saying they would be picking up the bike in Kansas, middle of next week, then about two weeks to the West Coast. :(
Patience has never been my strong suit.

I have however continued to lose weight... down 44 pounds now, and I'm not taking a diet break until the bike gets here.
Then I think I'll ride to dinner somewhere.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
6" of snow last Sunday, 2" today and 6" coming tomorrow night. I surely do envy you California guys. I managed to ride until early January last year due to a warm December but looks like it is not to be this year. GREAT review of the F6B and some nice California dreamin' for a Toronto boy. I am getting a Victory Vision in the spring for a cross country trip out to your part of the world in the new future. When I do I will pick your brains for the roads to ride. Until then, ride safe.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
6" of snow last Sunday, 2" today and 6" coming tomorrow night. I surely do envy you California guys. I managed to ride until early January last year due to a warm December but looks like it is not to be this year. GREAT review of the F6B and some nice California dreamin' for a Toronto boy. I am getting a Victory Vision in the spring for a cross country trip out to your part of the world in the new future. When I do I will pick your brains for the roads to ride. Until then, ride safe.
Thanx for the kind words.
You come out my way and I'll have a ride mapped out for us. :)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I have however continued to lose weight... down 44 pounds now, and I'm not taking a diet break until the bike gets here.
Then I think I'll ride to dinner somewhere.
Good for you, and it's NOT a diet, it's how you should eat the rest of your life. Keep up the good work!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
3XL > XL. You are 1/3 of your former self! Congratulations on your new bike and svelte self!

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
It's here!!!

There was a brief delay on delivery because the truck blew a radiator hose somewhere near San Luis Obispo.
But it got here this afternoon:

First On Ground.jpg Second On Ground.jpg

Once I pulled it in the shop, I spent the next two hours carefully peeling off Pin-Stripes.

Home 1.jpg Home 2.jpg

Now I'm waiting on parts so I can put these two together:

Hitch.jpg

Wooohoooo!

Jim

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
I will however, probably remove the Rush Pipes... way too loud for my taste.
I have the stock pipes in a box too.
I'll probably put them back on while I have the bike on the lift installing the hitch.

Yeah, that's the plan.

:)

Top Bottom