Has this happened to you?

STOC #
My Nolan Modular doesn't have the D-rings and like others, I always put it on in the open position. I really like the proprietary strap mechanism that it has. I think I'd know immediately if I left it unhooked.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I often see Harley rider with half helmets that have the straps hanging down around town.
That reminds me of riders who cruise at slow speeds while casually dangling one or both feet off the pegs. Makes me think they're thinking of their feet as landing gear and don't wheels up until they reach V[SUB]2[/SUB]. Man when they put their feet on the pegs you knew they were about to get serious. :rofl1:

I saw this on base all the time. Long before CA had a helmet law a lot of bases required riders to wear a helmet. Some guys liked to wear their full coverage helmet like a yarmulke. Cruising 10mph around base like that with their feet dangling always made me laugh.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Has happened once or twice, but more often is forgetting to put the ear plugs in. I try and go through a set sequence when getting ready to leave, but occasionally the autopilot kicks in when I'm thinking about something and I head down the road with one of helmet undone, earplugs in pocket or pockets unzipped. I'm blaming it on encroaching senility. :)

Bike
1&2 2005 ST1300ABS's
STOC #
Lots of checks to do before you pull away from the curb. Just allow yourself some extra time and develop a system. It's not like jumping in a cage, turning the key and hitting the gas.

Top Bottom